Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TEEH_DRV
Channel Surfer

Stranger things happens in Roku

I have been looking for the Pluto TV channel on Roku and couldn't find it,  this is very strange as I do have the channel in one of my Samsung Tvs and my Redmi cellphone but not in Roku, I can't understand why as all my internet capable are connected to the same wifi network and the same ISP,  I was thinking in buying another Roku for one of my Tv's but after this issue I am thinking again about this. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stranger things happens in Roku

@TEEH_DRV 

Where are you located? Yes, that matters. Roku is supported in 17 countries. If you're outside those, then the developer may have chosen to not support their apps on Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
TEEH_DRV
Channel Surfer

I am in Venezuela at this time. Think there is some kind of limitations in this country. 

0 Kudos
TEEH_DRV
Channel Surfer

Went to the link you sent and nada, Pluto doesn't appear in the list, definitely there is some kind of filtering avoiding this channel in Venezuela where I actually live, but the weird thing is I can watch it in my newer Samsung TV without using Roku but in the older Samsung Smart TV it doesn't appear. Really Stranger Things happen in the streaming world. 

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

It is cause your not in a supported country. You should have said that to begin with

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@TEEH_DRV 

Roku allows app developers to support their apps anywhere, even in areas where Roku isn't supported. And Roku isn't supported there. It seems Pluto TV has chosen to not support their Roku app there.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos