Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nunner
Channel Surfer

Spotify won't open on TCL series 5. Kicks back to homescreen.

I have a TCL series 5 (2021 model) TV. The spotify app isn't listed on the home screen, but it shows installed if I search for it. When I attempt to open it, it will flash back to the homescreen and never open. It also does not show up as a device I can stream spotify too. I have another TCL tv and a roku sticks on other tv's and Spotify works fine on them.  Things I've tried:

System Reset and re-installed all channels. Did not fix

Removed channel, restarted, checked for updates, installed channel - Did not fix

Waited until another update to the Roku OS came out and did both of those things again and it didn't resolve it.

TV/Roku Software version - 10.5.0 build 4201-88

Spotify Channel version - 2.8.97

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spotify won't open on TCL series 5. Kicks back to homescreen.

@Nunner

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate this issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nunner
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

roku tv - A123X

tcl model - 55S531

Serial -  X00300S8A95T

SW Build - 10.5.0 build 4201-88

Device ID- S0C2Y158A95T

Tracker ID - 5T-462-964

The Spotify channel is installed but does not show up on the Home Screen. So I go streaming channels - search channels - find it and click “go to channel”. The screen flashes back to the Home Screen.

Spotify channel version is 2.8.97

0 Kudos
klucks2404
Reel Rookie

Hello, I am having the exact same problem as the other user on the same model TV when trying to open Spotify. 

Roku TV - A123X

TCL model - 55S531

Serial - X0030066DRXS

SW Build - 10.5.0 build 4210-88

Device ID- S0C2Y156DRXS

Tracker ID - XS-008-781

The Spotify channel is installed but does not show up on the Home Screen. So I go streaming channels - search channels - find it and click “go to channel”. The screen flashes back to the Home Screen.

Spotify channel version is 2.8.102

I am also having an issue with HBO Max (version 50.60 - build 70744). The channel is listed on my Home Screen. When I click on the channel, it flashes the HBO logo screen with purple background, then I get three gray revolving dots over a black background. After about 5 seconds it goes back to the Home Screen. 

Tracker ID - XS-008-785

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

I have the same problem still on my TCL S531. It wiorks again on mty TCL 435 but still does the same thing on my 5 series.

0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

TCL

TCL 65" 5-SERIES TV WITH ROKU

MODEL 65S531

SN:(2102GTC009972W*****)

ROKU  A124X

Software : 10.5.0 Build 4210-88

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @DaveTheRave1

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Does the issue only occur on Spotify or across other channels installed on your Roku TV?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

Only SPOTIFY on the TCL S531, the Dec 14th App update corrected

the Spotify Problem on my TCL 435

Thanks For the Quick Response this has been an issue for at least 5 months anmd TCL has consistently told me this is a ROKU or SPOTIFY issue. Didnt knwo I had this forum available, had given up LOL

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

Hey @RokuKariza-D

I've done all those steps many many times over the past months and 3 times today still doesn't work on that s531 Tcl tv

0 Kudos
Nunner
Channel Surfer

I tried the full reset of the tv again and it still doesn’t work. It’s only the Spotify app, and only this tv. My other tcl tv works fine along with my multiple other roku streaming sticks. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos