Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PinkCar
Reel Rookie

Spectrum showing as TV provider but NOT

I only have Spectrum Internet & Wifi. When I try to watch live Roku TV I get error "not part of your Spectrum package"  How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Spectrum showing as TV provider but NOT

Thanks for reaching out, @PinkCar

Do you have an existing Spectrum account? If yes, we recommend you contact Spectrum directly for more information and better insight about their channel on Roku. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
PinkCar
Reel Rookie

I do not have Sprectrum TV - the problem is that Roku thinks I do. I only have Internet & Wi-Fi - NO TV provider

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the post @PinkCar

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Here is the contact information for Spectrum support.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I don't know if any specific channel/app has been mentioned, but if it's one of the ones listed in the channel store with the statement: "Cable or Satellite subscription required", then that's simply a channel that won't work for you. 

I'm really guessing here since the statement of the problem is fairly unspecific.  Did you ever try to authenticate a channel by logging into your Spectrum account? If so you may have effectively authenticated yourself to a package of no channels.