Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malfunction
Binge Watcher

Re: Spectrum app: Boomerang channel is pixelated, others play with no issue

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on my 4802X Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
Malfunction
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My old Roku Premiere+ runs this channel just fine.  The Ultra is on the same TV the Premiere+ was connected to, plugged into the same switch and the same power outlet.  All of my other active Roku devices are able to display this channel without issues.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Malfunction

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable to see if that helps? Also, try connecting the Roku device to a different TV to check if you are experiencing the same issue.

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Malfunction
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I originally connected the Roku Ultra to the same cable the Premier+ was plugged into.  I have already changed to the cable that was packaged with the Ultra.  I tried all 4 HDMI ports on the Sony - 43" Class - LED - X800E TV.  I tried connecting it to the Insignia 19" TV in the kitchen, same results.  Everything plays great except Boomerang on the Spectrum TV app.  There is definitely a problem between this app and several newer models of Roku and it only happens on the Boomerang channel.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Malfunction

Thanks for the follow up.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue with Boomerang on the Spectrum TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Malfunction
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've found an alternative fix.  Since I already have a PC hooked up to this TV, I can watch this channel on the Spectrum web site "https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv".

0 Kudos
Malfunction
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku OS 11.5 fixed this for me.

0 Kudos