Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidGrounds
Reel Rookie

Spectrum On Demand premium channels will not open

Spectrum app opens Spectrum and live content plays fine.  However, with On Demand when going to premium content (HBOMax and Showtime) the channel starts to load and then exits to Roku Home screen.  This happens on both a new Hisense Roku TV and a new Philipps Roku TV.  Both are running the 9.1 Spectrum App version which is reported to be the latest.  On Demand works on both STBs.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Spectrum On Demand premium channels will not open

Hello @DavidGrounds

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
DavidGrounds
Reel Rookie

I did try what you suggested with no change.  However, I hooked up my old Roku 3 and it works launching the On Demand channels with full functions.  They only difference is it does not have the updated GUI.  That is not a problem as I much prefer the old interface.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @DavidGrounds

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Spectrum On Demand channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Spectrum On Demand Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
DavidGrounds
Reel Rookie

As both the Roku 3 and the Hisense Roku TV use the Spectrum App version 9.1 and the Roku 3 works and the Hisense Tv does not indicates a difference in Roku not the App. The result is the same with Phillips Roku TV.

0 Kudos