Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Re: Spectrum App RLP-1031 error

Hello & omg. I couldn't see how to reply to you. I created another question. Then now I see this, but don't know how I found it. Anyways, what did you do to get Spectrum to work on Roku? I uninstalled Spectrum, did Roku restart & added Spectrum again. It seems like Spectrum wants to start because I see channels then I get same error message. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Same here. I've deleted Spectrum, restarted Roku stick and reinstall Spectrum. Still doesn't work. I miss watching my HGTV in dining room where I can sit up. 

0 Kudos

THANK YOU.  a system refresh seems to fix the problem.  

0 Kudos
bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Even though Roku stick did an automatic update, I did a system update manually yesterday, then restarted. Spectrum now works after second update last night. I haven't tried it this morning. Whew. 

0 Kudos
AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

I had this error and it was resolved by updating the Roku software itself.   The model I had this RLP-1031 error issue with is a stick, model 3600X.  The upgrade required to get Spectrum app working again is 10.5.0  build 4167-24 as of 9/24/21.    I update my Rokus on a timely basis, and this was the first time I've ever had the Spectrum app not work because the Roku's software wasn't the current version.   I have 3 other models and all of those had no issues.    On the 3600X stick, Spectrum app would start up and display the menus and channel numbers, but it would not stream anything.   Before I thought to try updating the Roku itself, I'd already tried unplugging the power to it, restarting it, and clearing the cache, all to no avail.    Note:   I haven't deleted or reinstalled the Spectrum app in ages.   I just needed to update to the latest Roku software for the 3600x stick.   I didn't do anything with the Spectrum app itself.

0 Kudos
SweetDiane89
Channel Surfer

Before I removed my Spectrum app as previously advised, I went to Options *, then chose Update Spectrum app. It has 32 updates. After updating, it WORKS! No removal needed!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

First time I've ever heard of a channel having an update ability within the channel. Good info to know, thanks!

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Why am I getting this error?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @stacelocke11462

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about your concern? Are you only experiencing issues with Spectrum? Please provide us with the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GodfatherInOhio
Reel Rookie

The *ONLY* way to fix this is to perform a Factory Reset…

Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory reset.

The problem is not the Spectrum app. The problem is Roku.

Roku is a pile of **bleep**- never again!

0 Kudos