Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spaulrob
Channel Surfer

Spectrum App Guide - Just getting the spinning wheel of death

Jump to solution

We have 2 Roku's. 1 upstairs in our bedroom that we watch mostly at night; and 1 in our family room that we watch more frequently. The one in our bedroom last night would NOT let me move passed the spinning wheel of death when I tried to reach the guide.  I turned it on to the home page, moved over to the Spectrum app and clicked OK. The spectrum app came on just fine displaying the local news. When I hit the right arrow button to bring up the Guide, I would just get the spinning wheel.  I unplugged everything and plugged it back in, waiting between 30 - 60 seconds before restoring power.  Tried the guide again and just got the spinning wheel. (I did this a total of 3 times)  I updated to the latest software version and tried it again. Same result.  Does anyone have any suggestions or encountered a similar situation? What did you do to fix it?

thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ewtlong76
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum App Guide - Just getting the spinning wheel of death

Jump to solution

Had this happen to all of ours last night after the roku stick updated.  Left each of them on the home screen for about 30 minutes and when i retried the spectrum app again it pulled up a eula to agree to.  After that it worked fine.  Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ewtlong76
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Had this happen to all of ours last night after the roku stick updated.  Left each of them on the home screen for about 30 minutes and when i retried the spectrum app again it pulled up a eula to agree to.  After that it worked fine.  Hope this helps

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @spaulrob

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
spaulrob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. The next day it was working fine. It must be I didn't wait long enough for the update to fully integrate or something. Haven't had any issues since then.  Good community support here!

0 Kudos