Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ckundred
Reel Rookie

Spanish audio on CBS football today?

Jump to solution

Anyone else having CBS broadcast in Spanish?  All my ROKU devices are doing this on CBS only.  ROKU has told me its an issue with the network and to contact CBS.  Anyone else having this problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spanish audio on CBS football today?

Jump to solution

@Ckundred 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ckundred
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just an update, I was watching on DirecTV Stream….I also have Hulu and it works fine there…so it’s either an issue with ROKU or DirecTV…

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ckundred 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Octopia

Jump to solution

This is happening to us on MBC, FOX, and CBS. The channels are fine on our other TV’s but on the living room TCL Roku TV the football games are in Spanish. Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Octopia

Thanks for the post.

Are the football games the only content that you are experiencing this issue with? Do other content on those specific channels playing in Spanish as well?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Janiceot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

i'm reposting my answer from another thread related to audio description and spanish narration on football that has fixed it. 

I may have found the issue on my tv. the Roku TV we only use to stream content. It's not hooked up to an Xfinity cablebox but we use the Xfinity stream( beta) app. When trouble shooting the Spanish/audio narratubg issue I only looked at the settings on the Roku TV , not the ( non Roku/ non streaming) TV that's hooked up to cable. I decided to look at that Tv's settings and there in the Xfinity settings for that Tv( and presumably the box) under accessibility settings, Audio Description was set to on. In my reading I found that not all of the accessibility options are available for all broadcast shows and that at times the broadcast will change to Spanish instead.

Long story short, I turned that setting off on the TV that's hooked up to the cable box, and we watched ( through Xfinity stream app on the Roku TV) Survivor ... No Voice descriptions!!!!  I'm waiting for Sunday football to see if the Spanish has resolved too.  

Consider looking at the settings through your cable TV provider if you have one hooked up through a " cord".

This from Xfinity under Audio Description in Settings:

"If audio description is available on the show you're watching, you will hear a narrator describing the key visual elements of the program. If audio description isn't available, you may hear Spanish or no audio at all."

0 Kudos