Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandmporcelli
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

Danny,

we have already tried this, in fact you recommended it earlier in the thread.  Here is where I’m at now. Directv says it’s Roku and they then also say they are not having this issue on any other platform (and they are right as I’ve been testing an Apple TV and fire stick and both are fine).  So this it’s not us it’s the app developer is garbage.  The Roku device coding has an issue with the directv app.  You all need to fix your code.  

congratulations I’m not going to be removing 3 Roku ultras and one stick from my home and replace them with other streaming devices.   This is just maddening and the finger pointing is the worst if it because we are caught in the middle.  So disappointed!!!

MFSOT

Go to fubo TV. Much cheaper and really good as long as you can live without turner networks.

I develop apps for a living and can say without a doubt this is not Roku’s fault. They update their software, and app developers need to update theirs to work with it. Generally if they (Roku) make a major version update (9.x -> 10) they will give plenty of notice. It is then the app developers (dTV) responsibility to update their code to work with the new version. This is the contract, this is the app lifecycle, blaming Roku here is like blaming Apple for the Facebook app not working correctly on an iPhone.

As to the issue, I’ve had it too, I also have terrible distortion that happens on annunciation during talk shows.. I’ve had fubo before and am switching again. DTV does have a better UI, but not that much better to justify horrible audio issues that they obviously refuse to fix. Also the cheaper price tag of fubo doesn’t hurt.

brianh1618
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the fubo TV tip.  I tend to think my sound problems are both Roku and DTV.  Sound disappearing for days on channel ABC only is definitely a DTV problem (it works on the ABC app on Roku).  Sound going soft when I'm in Roku sound leveling mode, then fixed by switching out and back into sound leveling seems to be a Roku problem.

I will look into fubo but I already had a fix in progress that's being delayed because of this darn chip shortage.  I'm in the market for a high end gaming pc with a 3080 Ti connected to my LG OLED65CX via HDMI 2.1.  This will be sweet and all my problems will go away since I won't need the Roku and DTV works fine on my existing PC.

0 Kudos
Sudzinsky

I've had this problem as well on my Roku ultra with gigabit internet. It only happens on the DTV app.

I FINALLY found a fix!! Maybe this will work for others.

1. Go into the DirectTV app and select any channel to watch.

2. Hit the ✳️ key to display the options side panel, and scroll down to "Volume Mode".

3. Change this to "Leveling" which is supposed to smooth out highs and lows. 

After doing this, the volume level really increased but no more intermittent audio skips!!

Hope this helps, spread the word of it does 

LowSpark

I hate this response from ROKU.   Same thing happened to me with UFC Fight Pass app.  They say it's someone else's problem.  What happened to customer service?  If this many people are reporting the issue then ROKU should get off their ass and do something about it with DirectTv.

0 Kudos
YaleM4208
Reel Rookie

I've had this issue for months in DirecTV on roku ultra. Kept happening today watching football, so I decided to google it. The tip about volume leveling seems to work.

LHcapecod
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issues. We have a vacation home that we also have a smart TV with streaming but it’s platform is also Roku. So happing with sticks and the tv. A quick fix I found while watching when it happens, hit the replay button (arrow is circle shaped). Replays last few seconds/minutes, but fixes immediately. No issues on any tv when we stream Netflix or Amazon Prime. 

0 Kudos
DrCeeDub
Channel Surfer

@Sudzinsky wrote:

I've had this problem as well on my Roku ultra with gigabit internet. It only happens on the DTV app.

I FINALLY found a fix!! Maybe this will work for others.

1. Go into the DirectTV app and select any channel to watch.

2. Hit the ✳️ key to display the options side panel, and scroll down to "Volume Mode".

3. Change this to "Leveling" which is supposed to smooth out highs and lows. 

After doing this, the volume level really increased but no more intermittent audio skips!!

Hope this helps, spread the word of it does 

This worked for me, thank you!

YaleM4208
Reel Rookie

I spoke too soon, it's still happening with volume leveling on.

0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

Yes, it is.

0 Kudos