Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carse
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

I could run and have run DirecTV through my PC. The audio on my PC is far superior to any streaming box.

But that only solves the problem if I spend a couple thousand dollars on PCs for each TV, I own. 

NUFF said.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Carse  Your comparing apples to oranges. We aren’t talking about DirecTV. We are talking about DirecTV Stream not DirecTV. Let’s get that straight. No Roku comes with speakers. A Roku TV is different. A pc desktop does not have speakers and a laptop has very small speakers. Your device is only as good as your speakers. My Roku Ultra is plugged into my Samsung TV with my Samsung soundbar and subwoofer. Sounds amazing. My Roku TV is using the Roku Wireless speakers and subwoofer. Shakes my foundation. I’m not sure what you are getting at but none of what you are saying makes any sense. No one is forcing anyone to subscribe to DirecTV Stream. 

0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

I'm not comparing apples to oranges. I'm talking about DirecTV Stream. Roku doesn't have a channel for satellite, do they? Are you hired by Roku just to be a critic? I'm trying to get a problem resolved with my Roku regarding audio problems, and you are playing a debate game. Do you actually have the problem? If not, go outside and enjoy the summer and find something to do with yourself!

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

It’s not summer yet it’s Spring. I used DirecTV Now, AT&T TV and DirecTV Stream. The sound glitch was there when it was AT&T TV. The problem continued to DirecTV Stream when AT&T sold it off. I got sick of the issue so I went to YouTube TV. The problem has absolutely nothing to do with Roku. If the problem did have something to do with Roku it would be happening across all channels. DirecTV is the developer for DirecTV Stream. Therefore the sound glitch issue is on them to address. You’re comparing apples to oranges when you’re talking about your PC vs Roku 

Carse
Binge Watcher

Comeon Streamer Sue. My PC has HDMI and DP out, ALSO HAS 8 CHANNEL Dolby digital out and fiber optic out. 

I have a nice Sony 7.1 amplifier with 5 HDMI inputs and one fiber optic input. I have Dolby 7.1 surround for any device I care to hook up to it. 

Now my ROKU box causes my Sony amp to sound **bleep**. 

My PC connected to my Sony amp sounds delightful.

Anyone that knows anything about speakers knows there are two different kinds.

The PC 8 .1 surround, requires pre-amps, or amplified speakers, to work properly,  Or a nice Sony amplifier with HDMI inputs. 

HDMI is a carrier of Dolby digital audio signals. Everyone know that.

I think you need to do a little more reading before criticizing me. 

0 Kudos
Carse
Binge Watcher

no TV box is up to the power of the PC.  I just want one TV box that is half way decent. 

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

People don’t buy Roku devices for premium sound quality just like you don’t Buy a TV for sound quality. You buy Roku so you can stream you by TV so you can watch your Roku. That is why they sell sound bars and subwoofers to create better sound coming from your TV or Roku. You also paid probably over a $1000 for your PC. You cannot compare a $1000 PC to a $40-100 Roku. Hence the apples versus oranges reference. 

0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

It's become obvious to me that this forum is a useless piece of garbage to resolve ACTUAL issues with Roku products. It's just a place for people who have no interest in helping to post their opinions off topic. Roku provides NO ACTUAL SUPPORT to their customers. Only this forum which is filled with people who have nothing better to do with their day than stray from the topic which is posted, and cloud the subject. Probably Roku paid employees, or competitors employees, who try to make actual customers look bad so they don't have to actually deal with product issues, and mislead future customers about product purchases

I will NEVER buy another Roku product after this experience. I recommend if you are in the market for a Roku product, to look elsewhere. And by the look of their stock, their products won't be available much longer anyway.

If anyone on this forum actually has found a SOLUTION to the ACTUAL TOPIC, please post it so that I can use my product the way it is supposed to work. Otherwise, quit filling up my email with worthless posts.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Poppy2  Explain to me how a sound glitch in the DirecTV Stream channel which is developed by DirecTV  themselves is a Roku issue? If you actually look who develops the channel you will see that it’s not Roku. Just like it’s not Apple‘s job to fix problems with apps that are not developed by Apple. It’s not Microsoft job to fix a problem in adobe reader is it? There is an any issue with the Roku player there’s an issue with a DirecTV Stream channel. Now if there was a huge sound glitch on everybody’s Roku device using any channel then yes I would understand. But that’s not the issue at hand

0 Kudos
DrCeeDub
Channel Surfer

EDIT: FYI, Roku edits replies in these forums without any indication in the reply itself that it has been edited by a moderator nor the common courtesy to notify the user why it has been edited. Quick and easy decision never to purchase another Roku product in the future; thanks for making it so simple!

Everyone wants to bat for a team and find validation that the team they are batting for is the best, but very few actually focus on solving issues.

Are customers having problems? Yes! So get this fixed, whoever the heck has some clout to get it fixed! I am not purchasing a Roku again in the future, because I have other options and am disappointed that they would not use their expertise and clout to help accelerate a fix to an issue for what I expect to be a well used channel. Similarly, I cancel DirecTV Stream every time the teams I follow no longer play on Bally Sport, because I only subscribe to them as they are the only provider carrying the channel. If anyone else picks up Bally Sport I am done with DirecTV Stream as their service is expensive without any real features that you can't get anywhere else.

Why anyone would pick sides in this is beyond me; both companies clearly have no interest in finding a solution to this well documented and easily reproducible issue. 

0 Kudos