Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poppy2
Streaming Star

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

How's about focusing on the issue

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Poppy2 And the issue isn’t for Roku to address 

0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

If a company like Ford produces a product that uses other third party components or software that doesn't function properly, they just don't pass the buck and say "sorry, but you'll have to contact the manufacturer of the product". They work with the third party to correct the issue as it is a reflection of their own product, and their customers' satisfaction. Roku had a responsibility to make sure their vendors produce software that is compatible and within the guidelines of their requirements, or else remove that software until it is compliant with those rules and guidelines. Roku is responsible for making DirecTV address the issue, or have the channel removed until it is corrected. If DirecTV were told that all of their Roku consumers were going to be removed from their service, I bet they would move rather quickly to correct the problem. It is Roku's fault for taking no action, and letting this problem linger for so long.

0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

Apple and Google regulate third party apps on their platforms all of the time. Do we not hold Roku to the same standards?

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Poppy2  They might regulate not repair. It’s not like anyone is forcing you to subscribe and keep DirecTV Stream. I dumped it for YouTube TV about a year ago 

0 Kudos
Carse
Binge Watcher

I know the APPLE version of DirectV, works fine. It's android version I have a audio issue on.

Because APPLE version is OK, I assume it's not a DirecTV issue. I suspect either the ROKU audio is substandard or Android is substandard.

I did purchase a new NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV, and found DirecTV is not supported because the DirectV app is not compatible. NVIDIA is the best TV box with advanced 4K and Dolby audio.

Conclusion: I need the Marquee sports channel, I am a CUBs fan. Otherwise I would go to GoOGlE TV, or some other streaming TV service. Although I do not like mixing politics with services, which is even more disgusting than faulty Hardware(made in China)/Software. 

ASTOUND TV is in the process of developing an APP. RCN loves the latest and greatest technology too. As soon as their APP is available, I should become a subscriber, keeping my ROKU boxes or move on to NVIDIA.

Probably can't handle the latest and greatest Dolby audio. 

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Carse  No need to space out everything. Keep in mind we are talking about DirecTV Stream. Not DirecTV. They are entirely different things. Roku isn’t built on Android OS. What is “GoOGIE TV”?  FuboTV offers Marquee Sports Network. Most games are aired on Fox, FSI, TBS and ESPN. All those networks are offered on YouTube TV.  So you do have other options 

0 Kudos
hiku
Channel Surfer

The reason (and proof) that the problem is with Direct TV and not ROKU is that the apps of other services such as PRIME video, Youtube, Roku channel; Apple TV etc. run fine on the ROKU box.

I had a Direct TV super tell me that the problem is that there's an incompatibility between Direct TV's audio system and the ROKU audio codec. But that sound like BS, as what is so special about Direct TV's audio that it can't be made to be compatible. Sound to me like Direct TV's tech are passing the blame for their inability to solve the problem. If PRIME; YOUTUBE; ROKU channel; and APPLE TV can design an audio system to work with a ROKU box, why can't Direct TV?

0 Kudos
Carse
Binge Watcher

Yes, I know the difference between Satellite DirectV and DirecTV streaming; and cable TV.

I went to Satellite service because copper cable is much more restrictive on bandwidth capabilities.

Then, ATT installed fiber optic cable services, which is as good or better than Satellite services.

I have fibber optic service to my home, which makes digital streaming services possible for me..

Digital streaming over fiberoptic lines with a short copper cable(DSL) hookup. I do not mess with my ATT internet services.

Astound TV offers great streaming service at affordable prices and includes all of my channel picks. but they bundle internet with TV.

Astound TV told me they should have an APP(streaming APP) soon. So I'm good for now.

I'm going to try Astound TV with ROCKU box as soon as available. 

BTW, I have researched all of the streaming services which offer the Marquee channel, through Marquee website.

The jury is still out on sound quality,: could be ROKU(hardware/software), DirecTV app, or android OS. 

Prime TV  also has poor quality audio, but does not cut out or get noisy. Disney + also has poor audio

quality, but does not cut out or get noisy.

Amazon Music through my PC has excellent audio quality, but that is through my PC MOBO., audio.

I know a little about what I'm talking about.

FYI, when I hit enter on my PC key board, it jumps two spaces.

0 Kudos
Carse
Binge Watcher

I could just hookup DirecTV streaming through my PC and Be done with it. I would get excellent audio period.

0 Kudos