Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yochief
Reel Rookie

Something Went Wrong message HBO Max

As of the past few days two of my TVs started having a problem the HBO Max channel on Roku; when I try to access the channel, I get "Something Went Wrong message; sorry, there seems to a technical issue.  Please try again or select a different video.  If you contact us about this error, please include the following code."  I did not include the code because it is very long, and it changes every time I try to access HBO Max.  I tried deleting and reinstalling HBO Max, but it didn't fix the problem.  Please help.  

35 REPLIES 35
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Something Went Wrong message HBO Max

HBO Max became Max recently.  Can you add Max?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/0529e360dc0e338a1ccad45a874a7dc6/max

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
yochief
Reel Rookie

I do have Max installed; I even tried deleting and reinstalling Max but the problem exists.  

spncrjrdn

I just started having this problem too, was using the MAX channel without any problems for weeks, and about 3 days ago it just switched up and now I can't watch anything. Hopefully this is able to get resolved soon 

Davmil2002

Possible Fix! Re: Something Went Wrong message HBO Max - I fixed mine!

After un-reinstalling channel, rebooting everything in the network, and everything else in the Roku & Google posts, this worked for me...

I logged out of the MAX app. When I had to reconnect to Spectrum and re-enter my credentials, everything straightened itself out and it works again. 

Removing/reinstalling doesn't do anything as you stay logged into  the channel.  Logging out was the trick for me.  Hope it works for others.

Davefr
Reel Rookie

Re: Possible Fix! Re: Something Went Wrong message HBO Max - I fixed mine!

Logging out and then in works for me too. The problem is that the fix only works for a day or two and then the error message reappears. I don’t get the error message using the native MAX app on my TV. My guess is that the cause of the error comes from Roku.

Dave

Belmoto

Re: Fixed: Something Went Wrong message HBO Max

For me, I found the problem to be the Display Type setting.  Newer videos crashed if it is set to 4K HDR.  Regular 4K works fine.  Be aware that Auto will select 4K HDR if the TV supports it. 

Shan840

This is the issue. I tried all the troubleshooting suggestions. The issue is the display type on your Roku device. Thank you for figuring this one out!!

0 Kudos
Shan840

This is the issue. I tried all the troubleshooting suggestions. The issue is the display type on your Roku device. Thank you for figuring this one out!!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shan840,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to assist you, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more information, we will be able to help you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.