Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
postmortem01
Reel Rookie

Someone else’s Disney plus account stuck in my Roku

Jump to solution

How can I get this persons disney account off my Roku so I can log in?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Someone else’s Disney plus account stuck in my Roku

Jump to solution

@postmortem01 

Read all this before taking any of the steps.

First, verify the email address for the Roku account under which the device is listed. Settings > System > About

Is that the email address you expect? If not, then you'll want to factory reset the device and re-register the device.

If that is the email address you expect, go to https://my.roku.com and log in (same email address) and go to the Manage your subscriptions link. Is there one for Disney Plus? I would expect not, but if so, this indicates something else entirely going on that should be resolved.

If there is no Disney Plus account listed there, remove the Disney Plus app. Then reboot the Roku, as well as any other Roku devices you have. Then reinstall the app.

You should be able to log in with your Disney Plus subscription.

Oh, by the way, Disney isn't supporting Disney Plus With Ads on Roku. Don't know why, but if your subscription is the With Ads version, you can't use that subscription on Roku, until Disney decides to support Roku for that version of the service.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

makaiguy

Jump to solution

@postmortem01-

From within the Disney+ app on your Roku:

• At the home page hit the down-cursor button to reveal the menu on the left side of the screen.
  • Click on Settings at the bottom of the menu.
  • Click on Log Out.  Be sure that's what you want to do as there is no confirmation step.
  • On the next screen click on LOG IN.
  • If you had set your Disney account up with a different email than is used for your Roku account, click "Use different email", otherwise click "Continue".
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@postmortem01 

Read all this before taking any of the steps.

First, verify the email address for the Roku account under which the device is listed. Settings > System > About

Is that the email address you expect? If not, then you'll want to factory reset the device and re-register the device.

If that is the email address you expect, go to https://my.roku.com and log in (same email address) and go to the Manage your subscriptions link. Is there one for Disney Plus? I would expect not, but if so, this indicates something else entirely going on that should be resolved.

If there is no Disney Plus account listed there, remove the Disney Plus app. Then reboot the Roku, as well as any other Roku devices you have. Then reinstall the app.

You should be able to log in with your Disney Plus subscription.

Oh, by the way, Disney isn't supporting Disney Plus With Ads on Roku. Don't know why, but if your subscription is the With Ads version, you can't use that subscription on Roku, until Disney decides to support Roku for that version of the service.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy

Jump to solution

@postmortem01-

From within the Disney+ app on your Roku:

• At the home page hit the down-cursor button to reveal the menu on the left side of the screen.
  • Click on Settings at the bottom of the menu.
  • Click on Log Out.  Be sure that's what you want to do as there is no confirmation step.
  • On the next screen click on LOG IN.
  • If you had set your Disney account up with a different email than is used for your Roku account, click "Use different email", otherwise click "Continue".
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
postmortem01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you but this does not work. You have to be able to log into Disney first to do this. I cannot log into their account because I don’t know their PIN number. 

Roku needs a way to dump user info for apps from the Roku. 

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @postmortem01

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Disney support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You may reach them here: Disney Plus support 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
postmortem01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Except that is not 100% true. Roku is the one jamming their account information automatically into our Disney+ app.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@postmortem01 

Are you saying that you attempted to remove the Disney Plus app and it would not let you?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
t0ni
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I fixed mine by creating a new profile in the other account (whoever that was) and accepting the junior setting of TV-14.  Once I was in the new profile it let me log out.  I then logged in under my new account and now it works.

t0ni
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Create a new profile on the add profile and then pick a character and accept the TV-14 level.  Once you are in the new profile you can log out.  I was then able to log into my new account.

0 Kudos
Kekahardr

Jump to solution

Thanks I'm having the same problem but I just rebooted the one roku I'll try rebooting them all.

0 Kudos