Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Some Videos on YouTube won't load

@JKTaylor  Ok trying to help. But you seem like you don’t want help. Take care 

0 Kudos
JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

I do want help with the problem,I'm just kinda frustrated with it,I am able to watch videos but it just sometimes it just don't won't to load,I have keep messing with it for it to play,and when I cast it on my phone it does the same thing.

StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@JKTaylor  WHICH VIDEOS 

0 Kudos
iggy67
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same issue on my Roku Express with some live videos. To see if it isn't a streaming problem with youtube in general I tryed it on my TCL Roku TV and they played. so, IMO it think its a Roku Express issue.  Here are the sample streams that will not play on Roku Express but will play on TCL Roku TV, BTW, I also resetted the Roku Express to factory twice and the issue still remains. All other channels like Disney+ Tubi TV Pluto TV work fine.

Sample Youtube links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igNhSkyvo0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjRNdPMRGpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyvi7SxGJFw

JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

You know how I fixed mine? I bought a fire stick,problem solved.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@iggy67

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
iggy67
Binge Watcher

I tryed that countless times still will not work. IMO, I think is a programming issue with the Roku Express. I have 2 of them and they both have the same issue. No problem with TCL Roku TV works fine.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@iggy67

Thanks for the follow up.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Youtube support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Youtube channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
iggy67
Binge Watcher

If that were true wouldn't it not play on my TCL Roku TV then? All the videos play.

It on the Roku Express thats having the issues. I have 2 Roku Rxpress and they both do the same.