Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlieder
Channel Surfer

Some Roku live tv channeks not working.

Jump to solution
Re: Some Live TV not working

I changed from a wireless provider to fiber yesterday. Now about 1/2 my Roku live tv chaneels won't load. They are listed in the guide. Every other app such as Netflix etc work fine. I reset my connection to the fiber but still the same. I don't really want to reset the whole roku to factory, don't want to lose the apps I have loaded. Not sure if this is just a co-incedence or related to my provider change? Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hlieder
Channel Surfer

Re: Some Roku live tv channeks not working.

Jump to solution

My provider reset it there this morning. All working now. Thanks for the help. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@hlieder 

I have had this occur recently.  Usually performing either a System Restart on the device (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart) or restarting the network equipment (modem, router, extenders, etc) fixes the issue for me.

If the above does not work for you, then try the channel/app Remove, Restart, Reinstall procedure in that order.

1. Remove the Roku Channel. (highlight channel and press * button on your remove, select Remove).

2. Restart the Roku device/RokuTV. (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart)

3. Reinstall the Roku Channel.

---

Feel free to post back with Roku model number and Software version/build (both found under Settings/System/About) if still having issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
hlieder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks....Tried the reset of Roku device and router. I will try the remove and install the Roku channel. 

0 Kudos
hlieder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I uninstalled Roku and reinstalled. Same thing. I called my provider and he said it couldn't be them blocking something. 

My wife had the idea to try it on my cell phones hot spot and it works fine. I called the provider back, a different tech said they are going try and rest something there tonight.....Shall see in the morning. 

hlieder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My provider reset it there this morning. All working now. Thanks for the help. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@hlieder 

Thanks for the update and reporting back. 👍

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos