Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick19
Reel Rookie

Some Roku Live Streaming channels will not load.

Live Streaming Channels 430 to 451 and 456 to 465 will not play.

The program information is visible but after 15 seconds the screen goes black. 

Tried a brand new Roku box with the same results.

Customer service is blaming the ISP but the ISP claims they cannot selectively block channels.

No channels are blocked in parental controls for the Roku or router devices.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Some Roku Live Streaming channels will not load.

@Rick19

Thanks for the post

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Abefam

Hi Danny I am also experiencing the same thing when I first used the streaming live channels some of my channels were working but not all of my channels are working except for a few and now they’re a couple more that aren’t working even when you switch on them. And I see this on all of my devices we have a streaming and weekly streaming device generation to everything streaming stick and a Roku TV

0 Kudos
Garyd0120

Yes me too. Oann will not load anymore. I swear I will turn off all tv soon if everyone censors what I choose to watch 

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Rick19

Thanks for the post

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
glenda2

I am having the same issue with many of my streaming channels failing to load. I am using a ROKU streaming stick connected with the supplied power source. These channels worked for months and now stopped loading. I did a system update and they still do not work. I used to love to stream and gave up my cable service but if I cannot get my channels to load I will give up on ROKU and go back to cable.

0 Kudos
Rick19
Reel Rookie

The puzzling part about the Roku channel streaming videos not playing...all the channels worked perfectly up until about one month ago.

Tried a subscription to This Old House. Since Roku bought the rights to this program I thought surely it would play. The subscription was accepted but it will not not load.

0 Kudos
Rick19
Reel Rookie

This Old House, that used to load on Roku, is available on the Pluto channel. So for now that's the only solution.

My ISP assured me that they do not block programming.

0 Kudos
Rick19
Reel Rookie

Danny the new unit is a 3930X but we have another older model 4200X that has the same issue.

0 Kudos