Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nm31
Reel Rookie

Sny not loading. Only get a spinning circle on all devices

Only getting a spinning circle on all devices. Tried deleting and re adding, restarted Roku. Same circle. Anyone else?

17 REPLIES 17
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sny not loading. Only get a spinning circle on all devices

@Nm31-

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel.   Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

So the process is:

• Remove the channel
  • Restart the Roku
  • Reinstall the channel

You'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power on some models, or if not there under Settings > System ... or just unplug from its power source for a few seconds then plug back in.

(Note: if you have a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning the tv off and back on just puts the TV into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart - use the instructions above.) 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
wontootree
Reel Rookie

Same here. It won’t play games on my iPhone either so the issue may be with our TV provider accounts. I log in through Fubo TV. 

0 Kudos
Nm31
Reel Rookie

Is that free?

0 Kudos
wontootree
Reel Rookie

Fubo? No it’s a replacement for cable tv. You pretty much get every channel out there. I pay around $85 a month with the sports package added on. 

0 Kudos
User4591
Channel Surfer

I have 2 TV's in the house, each 1 w/ a Roku device.  On 1 TV the SNY app works fine.  On the other TV, the SNY app shows the launch screen and spins indefinitely.  On that TV I've tried removing SNY, restarting Roku and reinstalling SNY and that did not work.  Anyone have another solution? 

wontootree
Reel Rookie

I’ve given up trying to figure it out. I have 10 TVs with Rokus including 3 TVs with Roku built in. The SNY app works on about half of them and the others just spin forever. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the spinning only occurs on the TVs that I installed and logged into the very first version of the SNY app months ago. Nothing I do fixes these TVs. I even wasted an hour resetting one of them back to the factory default and resigned into every app and SNY still spins and spins. Any TV that I sign into the app for the first time with the current version of the app works just fine. Anyone else notice the same thing?

0 Kudos
Nm31
Reel Rookie

The customer service on both Roku and SNY are terrible. You can submit not loading  on the app. I’ve done that plenty. My solution was to buy a fire stick and watch SNY on that. Works great.

0 Kudos
User4591
Channel Surfer

Yes, I'm noticing the same thing. My TV w/ the SNY "forever spinning" problem is the TV that I first used w/ the very first SNY app back in April. I suppose all we can do is wait for the SNY app developer to get their act together and fix their app on Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @User4591

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the SNY channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting SNY to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos