Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HewHef
Reel Rookie

Re: Slow video, out of sync audio with NBA app

Jump to solution

Same thing happening with my Roku...

These Roku employees are just saying the same over and over so I think I'll be trying a Firestick.

Get it together Roku.

mjs122
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have an Apple TV and Chromecast with Google TV, and both have no problems watching through the NBA app. This is a Roku problem.

pwoodrow

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Only on the NBA app. Video is super slow, audio is normal. Seems to mostly happen during previously aired games, not live games for me. If you let the video play long enough, eventually I get a "video Playback Error" which tells me to restart the roku player.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@pwoodrow

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Azirafalo

Jump to solution

Same problem here since New update. Bye Roku 

elyuw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku / NBA App combo has been fine since I got it about 3 years ago.

Today though, trying to watch my 1st game of the season (Lakers @ Warriors) with the new 2022 App and I was getting jerky video, until I gave up after 5 mins. It was as if it wasn't running at the correct frame rate (my Receiver reckons it was a 4K 30FPS stream), the sound was fine though.

I'm not convinced this is a Roku issue mind, new app seems very flakey as I tried it on my XBOX ONE and it was pausing a lot and the UI for playback is buggy as **bleep**. So not a great start 😕

For reference, this is playing back games, not watching live.

0 Kudos
oserwise

Jump to solution

Wow. I just signed up today for the service and its completely unwatchable.  I'm stunned by how long this appears to have been going on.  I plan to drop the service and resubscribe using a different service.

elyuw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To be fair, before the latest App version was introduced I had no issues at all with is and my Roku for 4 years (2 years on a 1080P TV and 2 on a 4K TV).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We would first recommend try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Larrycastro8108
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  Already tried uninstalling, restart, then re-i stalling.  Did not solve the problem.  This only started happening with the new updated NBA app.  Last year's app was fine.  

One observation though cause I'm in the Philippines, when the internet is slow, the audio/video is in synced.  This only happens when the internet is fast.