Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tishman

Re: Slow video, out of sync audio with NBA app

Jump to solution

Danny, I am experiencing the same issue with NBA games. An added data point is that the same games have no issues on my Apple TV. Appears to be a Roku issue. Greatly appreciate your feedback. Tom

0 Kudos
galenapass
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I solved this issue by buying Apple TV.  Done. Goodby Roku...

jkropko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also updated to a Roku 4 and it solved the issue

Smeltnight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Followed the instructions for uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling and the problem persists.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Smeltnight,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

During playback of content, if you hit the * key on your remote, do you have 'Audio leveling' enabled on your device? If so, and you disable this setting. 
In addition, are you using an audio/video receiver of any sort in your home setup? Is your device connected directly to the receiver, or to your TV? 

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Smeltnight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All other channels stream without any problems.

During playback of content, if I hit the * key on my remote 'Audio leveling' is not an option.

I am not using an audio/video receiver of any sort in my home setup.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Smeltnight

Thanks for the post.

If all other channels are not having an issue, this most likely an indication that there is an issue with that channel in which you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sfstreamer1970
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I would strongly recommend people not try to use the NBA TV app with the Roku. I just tried it, and purchased the NBA TV premium package, and the quality is absolutely abysmal. It is fuzzy and pixelated. NBA TV customer support suggested I clear the cache and restart Roku, and uninstall/reinstall the NBA app. I did all that, to no avail. It was still total garbage quality. And this was at noon on a weekday, so there were no issues with bandwidth.

I had literally just purchased this NBA TV app, and they were nice enough to immediately refund my money, so I do believe they know there is a problem. I strongly discourage people from purchasing any NBA TV app package if you are using a Roku. They are charging a premium price for an absolute garbage stream. It is totally unacceptable in this day and age for an organization as massive as the NBA to charge a premium price for an absolute garbage quality stream. It’s completely unconscionable.

0 Kudos
ckpfister2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having same exact problem on all of my Roku devices. It would be nice if Roku employees did something about it instead of just telling US the CUSTOMERS to keep them posted... Fix it Roku or you'll lose yet another customer

0 Kudos
ckpfister2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You get in touch with NBA. You're the Roku employee