Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sling not working on my Roku Ultra

@MP2022 

When you pressed OK, what happened?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MomaDebra
Channel Surfer

I am experiencing this same problem. I have a few things to add.

I have 3 Roku's and this is the only one with the problem. Sling has never been able to update since I bought this unit. I just always figured it would eventually "fix itself" via a Roku update or something. As you might guess this one is not used very often. So, using the old sling interface has not really been an issue until today. The sling app is stuck at 7.15 build 367. Roku model 4801RW - Roku Ultra is at 10.5.1 build 4066 DE.

I guess that Sling has put out an update that makes the old interface obsolete.

0 Kudos
MomaDebra
Channel Surfer

Forever sling logo with spinning circle when "OK" hit

0 Kudos
MP2022
Channel Surfer

The Sling logo remains and has the spinning circle like it's doing something but then eventually times out.3450A5DF-388E-4B73-90BF-534BC1E584F9.jpeg

0 Kudos
MP2022
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your input.  Kind of frustrating since both of my Roku's were purchased in store 2 months ago.  Making the interface obsolete for a relatively new model seems like bad idea but not sure either.

0 Kudos
MomaDebra
Channel Surfer

My Roku with the problem was purchase and installed during the Sling interface update rollout. Not a problem with the Roku interface. Just guessing on the Sling app interface.

0 Kudos
MomaDebra
Channel Surfer

I tried a factory reset and that did not fix the problem.

0 Kudos
shakana
Channel Surfer

@DBDukes When I click OK, it just spins until the roku device goes to sleep.

My Roku device is connected to a smart tv, not a roku tv. I downloaded the sling app on to the TV where it worked fine. Sling on Roku also works on my other Roku devices throughout the house.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@MomaDebra wrote:

...The sling app is stuck at 7.15 build 367. Roku model 4801RW - Roku Ultra is at 10.5.1 build 4066 DE.

I guess that Sling has put out an update that makes the old interface obsolete.

Yes, the version of Sling I have is 8.21 build 1995. And since you've all done what would normally force an update, we need Roku to check things on the back end.

Tagging: @RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D @RokuMary-F 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MP2022
Channel Surfer

Yes, thanks.  Hopefully, they are monitoring the channel.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos