Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mspear80
Reel Rookie

Sling channel not available

I am trying to download the sling channel and I don’t see the sling channel available for downloading. Please advise 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sling channel not available

@Mspear80 

Normally, if a channel/app is unavailable to install (not found in Search), it usually indicates the channel/app is not supported in that region.

Officially, Sling TV is currently available to US and Puerto Rico.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/84f1d9c6673633a8b6bdbead8759b7bf/sling-tv

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sling channel not available

@AvsGunnar wrote:

@Mspear80 

Normally, if a channel/app is unavailable to install (not found in Search), it usually indicates the channel/app is not supported in that region.

.. or that the channel/app was not written to support your Roku model.  The suppliers of many channel apps do not support some older Roku models.

Per Sling website, 25 September 2022:

• Sling does not support the following Roku streaming device models:
    2450X, 2500X, 2400X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X, 3400X, 3420X, 2700X, 2710X, 2720X

You can check your Roku model number via Roku menu path Settings > System > About.  Note that the letters at the end of the model number only designate the distribution chain through which the Roku was released, so yours may show something other than an X.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X