Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sling TV not working since 11/17/21 update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cheyl
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny,

Thank you for your response, if you look at my posts I have provided most of this information previously. Since then it appears Roku has reverted back to v10.0.0 build 4209-46. My Sling is v8.11 build 1669.

After I once again did an update on Roku and then on Sling these are the versions and Sling once again is running properly. 

Thanks again for your response,

Robert

0 Kudos
woobie
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

With latest update to Slingtv app (version 8.13), the same buffering black screen issue i reported in Nov is back. 

Again, all of a sudden my Slingtv does not work on Roku. When open app, i get Sling logo briefly, then black screen with spinning circle buffering forever. 

i tried deleting Slingtv app from Roku, then System Restart. Then new install of Slingtv app. Doesn’t work. I also tried unplugging Roku after restart of Roku. Nothing works. 

Here is my Issue Tracker info:

Model: 4230x Roku 3

Serial number:  i’ll keep that private. no need to know that. 

Software version: 10.5.0. build 4208-04. 

ID 47-511-269

Please let me know if you come up with a solution to this. It is frustrating to have to go thru this service outage every time Slingtv updates their **bleep** app. Thx. 

0 Kudos
woobie
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

With latest update to Slingtv app (version 8.13), the same buffering black screen issue i reported in Nov is back.

Again, all of a sudden my Slingtv does not work on Roku. When open app, i get Sling logo briefly, then black screen with spinning circle buffering forever.

i tried deleting Slingtv app from Roku, then System Restart. Then new install of Slingtv app. Doesn’t work. I also tried unplugging Roku after restart of Roku. Nothing works.

Here is my Issue Tracker info:

Model: 4230x Roku 3

Serial number: i’ll keep that private. no need to know that.

Software version: 10.5.0. build 4208-04.

ID 47-511-269

Please let me know if you come up with a solution to this. It is frustrating to have to go thru this service outage every time Slingtv updates their app.

Update on Jan 3rd, 2022:  Slingtv still does not work.  Same issue as described above.  I will be cancelling my service if this does not get resolved by end of this week.  Doesn't make sense to be paying for a service, that I'm not getting.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@woobie

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to SlingTV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the SlingTV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
woobie
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@woobie

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to SlingTV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the SlingTV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

okay, Danny. thx for the suggestion. 

i was hoping for a Roku solution, rather than having to deal with Slingtv as the quality of their customer service is lacking to say the least. i’m not optimistic Slingtv will be able to resolve it. 

0 Kudos
woobie
Level 8

Jump to solution

@woobie wrote:

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@woobie

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

okay, Danny. thx for the suggestion. 

i was hoping for a Roku solution, rather than having to deal with Slingtv as the quality of their customer service is lacking to say the least. i’m not optimistic Slingtv will be able to resolve it. 

FIXED!

Slingtv live chat agent suggested I do the following:

1. on Roku remote, press Home button five times, then Up arrow, then Rewind twice & Fast Forward twice.  this is apparently different than just doing a regular Restart through the menu.
  2. unplug the Roku, my router & modem.  Waited a minute.  Power everything back up. 

It worked!  Finally.  After a two week outage. 
Hope this helps someone else experiencing the same thing I did.

0 Kudos