Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silente
Reel Rookie

Sling Cloud DVR issue - constant buffering

For about a week now I have been unable to watch anything recorded on my Sling DVR. When I try to watch it plays for literally a fraction of a second, then buffers for a few seconds, then plays for a second or less, then buffers, etc. etc.

Also, if I try to pause the playback it pauses for a moment then restarts playback, with the constant buffering. This is happening on my TLC Roku TV as well as all my other TVs with Roku devices.

Live channels work fine, no buffering. I can also watch the Sling DVR on my computer just fine (same room, same network).

I have tried removing the sling app, restarting the TV, and reloading the Sling app.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
bluelineok

Re: Sling Cloud DVR issue - constant buffering

I am having the same issue. We have 100M fiber so that is not the issue. Confirmed services are not being blocked. Other streaming services on same device working fine. Live streaming is fine. Guessing Sling DVR playback is a lower priority than live streaming and they throttle the bandwidth that is used.

having same problem, any fix or just ignore like all tech problems with roku and sling

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Roku does not make the Sling channel. Sling does. Your recordings are stored in the cloud therefore it has nothing to do with Roku

0 Kudos

so your saying the cloud is screwed up, who does roku use for cloud storage

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

This has absolutely nothing to do with Roku. Your recordings are stored in the cloud through Sling. That’s why you can access them from anywhere in the world on any supported device. 

0 Kudos

Except that it does. For me it only started happening once I upgraded my roku. It only happens on my OTA channels. Works fine when I stream on my Amazon Fire or my iPhone. 

0 Kudos
Fireboy

I'm having the same issue with Spectrum DVR Cloud recordings.  Two different Roku devices both do the same thing, it plays for 3-5 seconds, stops, and then starts up again.  Playing the cloud recordings on a phone app, a Kindle Fire app, also a Chromecast by streaming from a phone all work fine and the issue is with the Roku, which leads me to believe it's a Roku issue and not a Spectrum DVR Cloud streaming issue.  I've tried everything, resetting the Roku devices, checking the WiFi streaming, nothing has cured the problem and we've never had an issue until this started only two days ago.  Any clues to fix this would be appreciated.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Fireboy

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrum channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
silente
Reel Rookie

Danny, what about the issue with sling? This problem only happens on Roku. I can watch my sling recordings on an iPad or laptop.

0 Kudos