Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cataccord
Reel Rookie

Re: Sling App can’t access DVR data

Just to add another data point, same "no data available" with sling on Roku with both ota and cloud dvr. Sling app on Android works fine.

Kymberli23
Reel Rookie

I hope everyone is bombarding Sling to get them to fix it. Sling told me they “understood there was an issue”, but they may not know how widespread unless everyone complains. 

0 Kudos
giantsfan1976
Channel Surfer

I did, but I also want people to bombard Roku because it’s only on the Roku app, and might be their issue. Even if it’s not you’d think they’d want to work with sling to get it fixed

0 Kudos
Leighannh4

Same problem, but it is only with recordings that are episodes. I am able to access any movies on my DVR, but any kind of series that has episodes all day no data available. Phone app does fine. Hope there is a fix soon! 

0 Kudos
LisaT802
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issues. If anyone has a resolution pls let me know 

DimlyLit
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem here on both of my Roku devices, including my OTA recordings through my airtv.

twotreks
Reel Rookie

I'm having the exact same issue, just started today for me. Sling DVR recordings and antenna recordings giving no data available error and content isn't available. Clearly it isn't just you.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Folks -

It's Sling's app, not Roku's.  The channel providers create and maintain the Roku-compatible versions of their own channel apps and provide them to Roku.  Roku is just the platform on which the channel apps run.  Roku is a conduit for whatever the Sling app sends it from the Sling web servers.

So if you want to turn up the pressure on someone, direct it at Sling.  They, or whomever they contract to do their programming, are the only ones that can fix their app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
GNJ

I noticed the same problem on 2/24 about 1:30 AM central time. Both my Roku Ultras have this problem. When I realized the issue hadn't resolved this afternoon, I chatted with Roku, which was pretty unhelpful. They suggested I contact Sling, which I did. The customer service rep I spoke to at Sling said this was the second call he got about this issue today and he "escalated" the issue to the programming department just as he did the other call. He didn't have a solution either, just said to keep checking back and see if there's an update to the app. Very frustrated over here but glad to see I'm not the only one affected. 

John-Y128
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem and it's not unique to Roku/Sling; I can't access DVR recordings thru my Sony/Google TV/Sling app, no error message just failure to play recordings.

0 Kudos