Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ms77
Channel Surfer

SkyShowtime channel integration

Roku sells and gains popularity across Europe. Do you intend to integrate SkyShowtime channel for these devices?

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SkyShowtime channel integration

Given that of the over 20 territories where SkyShowtime is or will be available none are officially supported by Roku, I'd say it's unlikely.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
ms77
Channel Surfer

@renojim  You are right, there’s no cross-section between these 20 countries and current European targets for Roku - UK, Germany and France. On the other hand, there are other Sky channels already available in Roku.. And Showtime platform is available in multiple flavours there.. We’ll see, hopefully they will add it at some point for all of us that travel abroad and have their Roku stick in the backpack 🙂

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@ms77 wrote:

We’ll see, hopefully they will add it at some point

Keep in mind that nearly every channel/app on Roku is developed by the content company, not Roku, so "they" would be SkyShowtime or some agent of SkyShowtime's.  So it would be a good idea to let them know that there are people wanting to see them on Roku.  They may be assuming (possibly correctly) that the market is small since Roku is not marketed in the countries they support.

ms77
Channel Surfer

Good point. Thanks @Strega 

0 Kudos
zaprudje

Yes, I do

0 Kudos