Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Runlauf
Channel Surfer

Sky News repeats several seconds worth of streaming, not watchable

Sky News continually repeats several seconds of streaming. A speaker starts a sentence, gets part way through or maybe an entire short sentence, and then the streaming goes back in time for several seconds and repeats audio and and video. This is happening repeatedly and often enough to make the channel too irritating to watch. It has happened over several days. Other channels do not have this problem, nor have I ever seen it before anywhere. The problem is the same on both TVs, and there are not apparent networking issues, based on other channels and other devices working well. Is this a Sky News technical problem that has been acknowledged by the Channel at least? Or is there any other explanation or even local remedy?

2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sky News repeats several seconds worth of streaming, not watchable

@Runlauf

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Runlauf
Channel Surfer

Re: Sky News repeats several seconds worth of streaming, not watchable

Thank you for your effort. I tried what you said, but the problem remains. About three days ago I emailed Pluto regarding this problem, since Sky News is a Pluto channel. Comcast owns Sky News as well as NBC News, and recently I noticed a Sky News program on NBC streaming, so Comcast is now involved in Sky News operationlly more than before. I mention this because there is a strong conincidence in the timing of this new problem and Comcast integrating at least slightly Sky News and NBC News. I hope this is an innocent technical problem with the new owner-operator, and I hope the health and general nature of Sky News will remain. But the Comcast takeover does make me worry a bit because Sky News is very likable, and my 20+ years as a Comcast customer have not been usually happy ones with service and communications.

0 Kudos