Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Re: Siriusxm is shutting down again.

Kariza,

Hi, I did all of what you requested already on all three Roku's.  Did not make a difference.  Also I removed them and re-loaded them several times.  Still not working.  SXM will play at various lengths of time, usually between 20-35 minutes and just stop.  I realized its the SXM app, and why they would update an app when the old one worked very well.  But this issue is only on the Roku devices that I have and not on the Firestick.  If you can please contact SXM and let them know their app is really working lousy.

Thanks

SkipIntro
Streaming Star

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

@RokuKariza-D 

While it is somewhat encouraging to see a Roku rep attempting to address this issue (again), what is very DIScouraging is to see generic, first line troubleshooting suggestions thrown at the issue.  It has been a well known, well discussed problem since the newly redesigned SiriusXM app was forced on Roku users several months ago.  Checking to see if the app is up to date is futile unless there has been a proven, fixed version released.  It is the update that ruined the functionality and interface of a perfectly (almost) good app.  If Roku is sincere in trying to make this right and end the maddening frustration that this is causing people, they would team up with the SiriusXM team, instruct them to roll back the app for us, and don't push any updates to us until they have a well tested, non-**bleep** app.  Or just roll it back and leave it alone...

georgeg3
Binge Watcher

Got on here to look up another problem and saw these issues with the Sirius-XM app.  I've been experiencing the same issues that others have for several months.  The app shuts down after about 20 minutes.  I DO NOT have the power saving setting.  These are some of the things I have tried:

Restarting the Sirius-XM app:  Rarely works.  If it does the artist/song display is completely out of whack.

Restarting the Roku:  Seems to have no affect.

Sometimes the Sirius-XM app will display a message "system not responding - try again later."

Updating the Roku software:  I've done this several times.  Doesn't help problem.

This problem is so chronic I'm considering cancelling my Sirius-XM subscription.  Why pay all this money for a **bleep** app that won't work?

HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

@georgeg3 

If you haven’t done a factory reset of your Roku, try that.  Apparently SXM is relying on some corrupt data stored by Roku or SXM corrupted the new options on the Settings page—all these options are new as of ~May 16.  The reset should fix the 20 minute crash.
Uptime without lockup is very inconsistent. I have tuned my environment to the max but SXM can alter their server configuration  to deprioritize Roku transmission to each user at any time in order to improve overall system performance.  My ping time is 4 ms so the performance problem is on SXM’s side.  
SXM will never gain market share in music streaming unless they dedicate more investment in supporting this product.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you haven't yet, please provide the details below so we can pass the new details to our team who are investigating this issue further.

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Channel and what version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kmc55
Channel Surfer

Hello,

I'm sorry to be back reporting another SiriusXM Roku App Bug.

Indeed the problem is happening again. It happened three times this morning for me, when listening to the Real Jazz(67), and Luna stations(766), for different time duration's (30 Minutes, 70 Minutes, 2 Minutes). 

When error happens, the music stops and the message "Something Went Wrong" appears. Hit OK, then the graphic for the music station is shown, with no music playing. Hit OK again and the time wait circle is on forever. Cannot play that station again, but it will play a different station if selected.

This error does not appear to occur on XTRA Channel (Real Jazz - Just Music), only lower channel numbers.

In response to Kariza-D's request for information about the crash.

1. Roku Model 3800X - Roku Streaming Stick, SN-YF00D6880174(CT37AD880174), Software Version 11.0.0 - Build 4193-55, Timestamp - 2022-08-17T17:24:242, Issue ID=74-329-364

2. SXM ROKU APP = Version 3.0 -- Build 44, Tunestart=OFF, AUTOPLAY ON Demand=OFF, AUTOPLAY ON STARTUP =OFF

3. Repeatable by tuning to non XTRA stations.

This is getting old, spending too much time debugging this SXM/ROKU application, after the delayed fix last time (Over a month).

0 Kudos
CrazyEights
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D 

I can't perceive any pattern to the shutdown problem. It occurs on pretty much any channel I listen to. It might shutdown after an hour or two, or after 20 minutes. This has been going on for months and I am tired of it. I'm not going to continue paying SiriusXM for a service that you can't deliver.

Model 4660X Roku Ultra

Serial number YJ007L983008

Software version 11.0.0. Build 4193-46

Device ID CK3797983008

Roku app: SiriusXM Version 3.0 Build 44

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

This morning, the app will not even log in.  Just stays on the SiriusXM logo with the side radial signal pulses going in and out,  And one time, showed the giant exclamation point with "something went wrong."  System restart has no effect.

0 Kudos
elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Here we go again! After 3 months -- yes, three! -- of constant issues with SiriusXM not playing like it should, it now won't play at all. This morning, I can't get it to load on either of my TVs. One just displays the logo until I turn the TV off, and the other shows a spinning circle and then stops at the "Sorry! Something went wrong!" error message.