Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yorkie
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM channel not playing continuously

Jump to solution

I don’t have any difficulty with the iOS app, either

0 Kudos
rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

New issue. On my TCL, I logged out and logged back in. It started auto-playing music on the main page. (Channel 2, which i never listen to. What the heck?) When I tried to change the station, the backdrop would come up for the new station but continue playing the original music. I've exited and restarted the app twice, same result. It's also REALLY slow. When I select a channel, try to scroll, etc, there is a huge lag before the app responds.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

OK. Finally got the TCL to actually play the channel I selected. This was a lot harder than it should have been, and it involved restarting the app several times. All that work and it exited to the home screen in less than 20 minutes.

Next up, I'm going to try logging out and back in on my RCA to see what happens there. Stay tuned, kids...

masalaav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The SXM rep also mentioned single device sign in. Make sure that you are logged out of the app on all Roku devices before deleting the app. After deleting the app (make sure it's deleted from all Roku devices) restart the primary unit, install the app, and sign in only on the primary device. See if that gets you past the 20 minute cap.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I need to correct my earlier post. The RCA Roku TV is the one that seems to be working following the "log out, log in again" process. (I say "seems to be" because I've only tried it once. I'm hesitant to say it's fixed until it has worked consistently over a period of time.)

I also tried it on my other two Roku TVs. It was an epic fail on the TCL and introduced new problems. (See previous post.) My Sharp TV also failed the test; it also returned to the home screen within 20 minutes.

I posted model numbers, etc, for all of these TVs in a previous post.

0 Kudos
Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@rabidbaby wrote:

New issue. On my TCL, I logged out and logged back in. It started auto-playing music on the main page. (Channel 2, which i never listen to. What the heck?) When I tried to change the station, the backdrop would come up for the new station but continue playing the original music. I've exited and restarted the app twice, same result. It's also REALLY slow. When I select a channel, try to scroll, etc, there is a huge lag before the app responds.

You may want to check your SXM app settings. When I did the log out/delete/restart/reload process it wiped out my preferences about that auto-play feature. (Roku Express on not-new Bravia flatscreen) I haven't tried the reload today because I have kind of lost heart. Or rage. 😄

kmc55
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM V2.5 Build 34 still shuts off after 30 minutes on 3800 Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I upgraded the SXM Roku App on my 3800 ROKU Stick this morning to the version 2.5 Build 34 level, and again my favorite station (Real Jazz - 67), ran for exactly 30 minutes (11:35-12:05).

This time instead of crashing and going back to the ROKU home screen - I first saw the music titles not updating on screen, then the music stopped, but the fancy graphic stayed on the screen along with a waiting clock symbol.

Went back to the home screen and then tried to start SXM again and got an error telling me to try again later - Backward Progress!

So have gone back to running the SXM IOS app, on the iPAD and hopefully this mess will get resolved soon!

Sccs
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM V2.5 Build 34 still shuts off after 30 minutes on 3800 Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

No change in XM app, still goes back to Home Screen after 20 minutes even after doing all the steps mentioned in other replies. I do have ver 2.5, build 34 now. 

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Did Roku update? I just got an email about it. Maybe this will fix SiriusXM 

Dommi

Jump to solution

No matter what Roku claims, I can't help but believe it is the fault of the Roku Express devices specifically. I have three Roku's in my place. 2 Roku Express, and 1 Roku Stick. The problem only exists on the Roku Express boxes. Doesn't that say it all?  Also, not one person has commented about having this issue when listening either in their vehicles or using their computers to listen on-line.  It's quite clear to me who is responsible.  BTW, At the same time Audacy radio behaves the exact same thing when the Roku Express devices.  Something very obviously changed in the Roku Express devices that needs attention.