Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@barleycharley wrote:

This issue could have been fixed the first day, all they had to do was put the old SiriusXM Player back on. I think right now it's never going to be fixed.

It would take SiriusXM to do that. Roku, just like Google on Android/Google TV, just like Apple on Apple TV, just like Amazon on Fire TV, will either allow the app the developer has placed, or remove the app altogether.

The app developers build the app, not Roku (nor Google on Android/Google TV, nor Apple on Apple TV, nor Amazon on Fire TV). The app developers maintain the app. The platform (Roku, et al) allows the app, or removes it entirely. That's how they all work.

Yes, Sirius XM could have rolled it back. But they didn't. Roku has asked users with the issue (remember, only a small percentage of users have the issue) to provide certain information so they can gather more data to analyze and provide to the developer (Sirius XM). The more that do that, the closer a resolution will be.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
devonsvoice
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still no issue here with Roku Streaming Stick Plus devices (3810R), other than the fact that Sirius XM seems to offer no way to add favorite channels now, and the name of the song currently playing is never right on startup but seems to catch up after awhile. Reading through these threads, it seems to be affecting Roku TVs and Roku Express the most. 

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mjprimo1  It’s XM radio. My TV is for watching movies and shows. My XM is for listening in my car. It’s no big deal to me. If I really want to listen to music through my TV I can use Spotify or Apple Music 

0 Kudos
Sylpetrilla
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I get that - but since I’ve been working from home I use the TV to play Sirius - it’s not just a radio anymore it’s an app and when the app doesn’t work there’s a problem. I definitely listen from home much more than in my car now.8+ hours per day . 

CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sylpetrilla  Download the XM radio app to your phone and use a Bluetooth speaker. Or stream from your laptop to your a Bluetooth speaker . More then one way to skin a cat

0 Kudos
Sylpetrilla
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Lol I know that — I actually have it on my Alexa too but that’s not the point😂🙃

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

same here. Wife doesn't use the TV in my office and the only app I use is SiriusXM and YouTube. They both fine on the ONN Android stick. Now I follow the thread for entertainment, not a solution....lol

#1stWorldProblems

barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So, what you're saying is that ROKU, Amazon, and Google, do not have to test these App's for quality to see if they work or not, before they stick them on there devices.  So if Roku tested it and it did not work, they could have told SiriusXM to fix it, and later re-submit it when it worked, and there is no quality checks.

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sylpetrilla  It’s an alternative till this issue is addressed 

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@barleycharley  Does Apple test every iPhone app? No. App developers are directly responsible for their own apps or channels 

0 Kudos