Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update | RESOLVED

Jump to solution

@kidkrash wrote:

I am not buying that the issue is on the Roku side. 

• The issue only started after the SiriusXM app updated.
  • Issue occurs with some SiriusXM channels and not others. In my case Channel 33 (1st Wave) crashes but Channel 1051 (1st Wave Top 100) does not.
  • I am not the only one having this issue.

SiriusXM needs to provide a working version or roll it back. This is a simply fail on the part of thier QA team to allow a flawed version make it to production.

As SiriusXM does not allow concurrent sessions they have the means to see when stream drops and have the data to figure out a pattern and thus the issue. They are either lazy or incompetent. You tell me which one is acceptable to you.

I work from home and 95% of my listening time is via the app hence why I keep the service in my vehicle. A couple of friends of mine suggest I start using Spotify and ditch SiriusXM. If they fail to acknowledge this and fix it in a timely manner they are going to lose a long time subscriber.

@kidkrash wrote:

I am not buying that the issue is on the Roku side. 

• The issue only started after the SiriusXM app updated.
  • Issue occurs with some SiriusXM channels and not others. In my case Channel 33 (1st Wave) crashes but Channel 1051 (1st Wave Top 100) does not.
  • I am not the only one having this issue.

SiriusXM needs to provide a working version or roll it back. This is a simply fail on the part of thier QA team to allow a flawed version make it to production.

As SiriusXM does not allow concurrent sessions they have the means to see when stream drops and have the data to figure out a pattern and thus the issue. They are either lazy or incompetent. You tell me which one is acceptable to you.

I work from home and 95% of my listening time is via the app hence why I keep the service in my vehicle. A couple of friends of mine suggest I start using Spotify and ditch SiriusXM. If they fail to acknowledge this and fix it in a timely manner they are going to lose a long time subscriber.

I followed the advice of another user and went to Wal-Mart and purchased a ONN brand 2k Streaming Stick Model 100024646 (Android TV) for $15. In addition to not crashing after 15 minutes the remote it came with also controls the power and volume on the VIZIO TV so the bonus is only need a single remote. Another bonus is I have some control from my Chrome Browser.

When I look at the amount of time and energy I spent posting about this issue and trying various solutions since May 16th, 2022 the $15 is cheap by comparison. 

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM response received | Bought an new ONN stick for $15

Jump to solution

@kidkrash wrote:

@devonsvoice wrote:

How do you remove the app from the Roku with the TV off? I’m not having the issue currently, but in order to remove an app the TV has to be on. 

I am wondering the same thing myself. Maybe it needs to be done from the Roku Website
https://support.roku.com/article/232010488

Wish me luck.

Nope. That is for only removing subscriptions. 

I just did the following:

• From the Roku Home screen selected "SiriusXM" and press the "*" button and selected "Remove Channel"
  • From the Roku Home screen selected Settings > System > System restart > Restart
  • Upon restarted did a search for "SiriusXM" and installed it.
  • Launched SiriusXM
  • Selected channel 33 "1st Wave" and began to listen at approximately 4.22 PM Central Time.
  • Approximately at 4:44 PM Central time the channel crashed back to the Home screen.
  • Home button 5x, Back button 5x resulting in issue F5-221-624.

@kidkrash wrote:

@devonsvoice wrote:

How do you remove the app from the Roku with the TV off? I’m not having the issue currently, but in order to remove an app the TV has to be on. 

I am wondering the same thing myself. Maybe it needs to be done from the Roku Website
https://support.roku.com/article/232010488

Wish me luck.

Nope. That is for only removing subscriptions. 

I just did the following:

• From the Roku Home screen selected "SiriusXM" and press the "*" button and selected "Remove Channel"
  • From the Roku Home screen selected Settings > System > System restart > Restart
  • Upon restarted did a search for "SiriusXM" and installed it.
  • Launched SiriusXM
  • Selected channel 33 "1st Wave" and began to listen at approximately 4.22 PM Central Time.
  • Approximately at 4:44 PM Central time the channel crashed back to the Home screen.
  • Home button 5x, Back button 5x resulting in issue F5-221-624.

I followed the advice of another user and went to Wal-Mart and purchased a ONN brand 2k Streaming Stick Model 100024646 (Android TV) for $15. In addition to not crashing after 15 minutes the remote it came with also controls the power and volume on the VIZIO TV so the bonus is only need a single remote.

When I look at the amount of time and energy I spent posting about this issue and trying various solutions since May 16th, 2022 the $15 is cheap by comparison. 

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I PLAY MUSIC ON MY TV CHOOSING SIRIUSXM CHANNEL 17 "THE BRIDGE". THIS IS HAPPENING ONLY ON MY ROKU3 MODEL 4200X. IT SHUTS OFF SIRIUS AFTER 20 MINS. GOING BACK TO THE HOME SCREEN. IT STARED AROUND A MONTH AGO. ROKU NEEDS TO FIX IMMEDIATELY BEFORE IT I BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND.

I USE AMAZON FIRE ON ANOTHER TV AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS WILL RUN FOR HOURS UNTIL I CUT IT OFF.

THIS MAY BE BLAMED ON SIRIUSXM BECAUSE IT IS HAPPENING ON BOTH TV'S. SHORTLY BEFORE THE ABOVE THE SCREEN STARTED CONTINOUSLY SHOWING THE STILL PICTURE OF A PERSON HOLDING A GITUAR. WE LOST THE BENEFIT OF THE SCREEN SAVER DISPLAY WHEN WE TRY TO PLAY MUSIC FOR HOURS.

WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS AND WORK WITH SIRIUSXM FIXING BOTH OF THESE ISSUES? INSTEAD OF TAKING THINGS FROM YOUR CUSTOMERS GIVE US NEW IMPROVEMENTS. BEAT YOUR COMPETIORS, DON'T BEAT UP YOUR CUSTOMERS.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@7896 

Your caps lock key seems stuck. You ought to look into that.

@7896 wrote:

... ROKU NEEDS TO FIX IMMEDIATELY BEFORE IT I BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND....

Roku didn't build the app. SiriusXM built the app. Roku doesn't go screwing around with other people's code.

@7896 wrote:

... I USE AMAZON FIRE ON ANOTHER TV AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS WILL RUN FOR HOURS UNTIL I CUT IT OFF....

And it works on my Roku devices without issue. It does not cut off on my Roku. That means that this is not an issue that impacts all Roku devices. But despite the issue only impacting a small percentage of users, the total number of those impacted is large number. Roku could really use the help of those with the issue if they would report the information requested by the moderators. Something is going on with some users and the SiriusXM app. If Roku can gather enough information to find a pattern, they can help SiriusXM run down the cause and SiriusXM can issue an update to fix it.

The more users that report the data of the devices with issues, the more data they'll have, and the faster they'll be able to find the cause. Those that won't share data about their devices with issues are not necessarily causing the issue to remain longer, but they certainly aren't helping.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
gtkenne
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

Hello kariza,

I own a TCL 32S335 , so a 32 in Roku enabled TV.

software version  11.0.0 build 4193-48

device ID  NSN062183907

serial number: YK002M183907

Last Update: May 12 6:28 PM

Sirius XM:  Version 25 build 28

as stated before and by others, SIRIUS XM channels below 1000 turns off after 20 minutes and returns

to  the Roku Home. This does not happen  on the newer channels such as the Jazz channel 1091.

This began (for me) on tuesday morning May 17th.  I  turned on SiriusXM and had to reinstall, which i did and  their was a new version of SiriusXM with many new "features", some intended.

hope that helps....... gtk

0 Kudos
Martin_
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Howdy, 

according to my last conversation with SiriusXM tech they are aware and working on a fix.

they say some have been fixed and another patch Monday, (they say)

Current fix needs to have you log out of roku sirius app. in the app the gear thing to select log out, 

then exit to roku home and remove sirius app channel then restart roku.

Then add new channel (sirius xm) login and ...................

I have two rokus - 3800 streaming stick and a 3941X-Roku Express 4K+

I tested separately to not interact each other.  

The 3800 stick failed in 40 mins.

The 3941 played for 8 hours - till i stopped it.

So I bought another 3941 from amazon ($28 plus tax) free next day.

Login new to roku, it populated my apps and Sirius has played over 6 hours so far.

They are working on it.....  everything failed at first, now better.... the 3941 is faster responding to all apps.

That is my 2¢

Martin

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mine went longer to about 25 minutes and then shut off again. I thought it was fixed 😐

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

I tried the "uninstall" fix with my TCL Roku TV and it didn't work. My "recent" list is still blank and Sirius shut itself off/returned to the home screen.

I'm not sure how long it played because I walked away from it. It was at least an hourbefore I came back.  An hour of continuous play would have been a breeze with the old version, which played for 8+ hours without issue...

kmc55
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM response received | Bought an new ONN stick for $15

Jump to solution

I agree with Kidrash, I believe this is more of a SiriusXM issue rather than a ROKU problem.

I have a Model 3800 Streaming Stick which has been working fine for the last 2-4 years before this latest SXM app upgrade. I run a Samsung Smart TV, with an Insignia speaker that  has an optical connection to the TV.  Just like everyone else, my favorite station - Real Jazz (67) will run for 20-30 minutes when running the new SXM app before crashing.  

What I have done is run the SXM app on my Ipad, and then use a Airplay or Bluetooth connection to the SAME Roku Streaming stick, thru the SAME TV, and it works all day long.

So, Different application (SXM on Ipad), to Same ROKU 3800 Streaming Stick, via Same Samsung TV, to Same insignia speaker works.

ROKU ought to be pushing SXM to resolve this issue within their application, or temporarily roll it back. Both companies are losing customers the longer this goes unresolved.

Jump to solution

Me too, HUGE pain in the a**!!!! I have a Roku express and it never did it up until last month; I’ve restarted, removed/reinstalled the app, checked for software/app updates, checked power settings, nothing works!

0 Kudos