Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobjan0823
Reel Rookie

SiriusXM app will not load on Roku Premiere

I have been using the SiriusXM app for quite some time and about a week ago the app stoped working. Currently when I select the app the screen shows it’s “Loading”. After reading some of the blogs, I removed the app from Roku, rebooted the Roku, reloaded the SiriusXM app, and filled in the login information. When I click on the Login button, the screen changes for a split second and displays the word “Loading “ and goes back to the Login page. I did this 6 times over the past 2 days without successfully logging in. I have another tv that has a Firestick and the SiriusXM app works fine. 
Any help with this issue would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: SiriusXM app will not load on Roku Premiere

This seems to be a recent SiriusXM issue:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Sirius-XM-content-is-blocked-on-ROKU-devices/...

You can try reinstalling it one more time: 

1) Remove SXM

2) Restart Roku

3) Reinstall SXM

Otherwise you should contact SiriusXM about the issue:

https://www.siriusxm.com/contact-us

Bobjan0823
Reel Rookie

I just got off the phone with SXM and the person I spoke with was very helpful, spent about and hour with me as we went through the following steps 3 times:  deleted the SXM app, checked the internet connection, made sure the Roku is up to date, rebooted the Roku, changed the SXM username and password, made sure I could log into SXM on my laptop and Ipad with the new username and password, added the SXM app to Roku, tried to log in to SXM and same results; stuck on log in page.  I have two Roku devices on two separate TV's and I cannot log in on either one.  I can log into SXM on another TV that has a Firestick, my laptop, my phone, my Ipad, and my car.  It appears to be a Roku problem. My device is a Model 3920X, Serial #YH00CT525532, Software version 10.00 build 4209-91.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

It's a SXM problem - its their app.

Keep pressuring them to update the app and fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Bobjan0823
Reel Rookie

If it’s their app, why does it work on my phone, laptop, Firestick and IPAD?  Is it possible SXM is punishing Roku users?  Are all SXM users experiencing this issue using the Roku?  If so, perhaps Roku should contact SXM and fix the problem. I am ready to toss both of my Roku devices and replace with Firesticks. 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Not all platforms are equal, and apps have to be specifically coded for each platforms APIs/requirements (e.g. WebOS, RokuOS, Android, Android TV, FireTV, Tizen, Windows, etc) which requires different code.

Most service providers try to make their apps look the same as much as possible on different platforms with a UI layer that gets loaded at runtime by the platform layer of the app.

I doubt they are punishing Roku users, its more likely they arent adequately maintaining the app/incompetence (happens all the time with apps/app updates).

I dont know if all SXM users are experiencing the problem, but its been reported by other users as well (see previous post link).

Roku may already have contacted SXM about it , but you can inform Roku of the issue with SXM:  Highlight the SXM app, use Options (*), Give us feedback/Could not login or authenticate

I actually recommend you get the FireTV devices (I recommend the FS4K) for this very situation - you need multiple streaming platforms for issues of app availability/compatibility/functionality (you never know when a bad firmware/software/app update is going to render an app unusable for a time).

0 Kudos
FranR1

I've been trying to get this same issue resolve for several months on my Roku Premier.  My latest attempt at contacting Sirius XM yesterday and today resulted in it once again having the issue referred to back-end tech support with no ETA on resolutions.  So I started trying a number of things, and finally found a solution that worked for me.  

1.  From your computer or browser, Go to SiriusXM - manage account - https://care.siriusxm.com/myprofile_execute.action?tab=myprofile

2. Change your password for the "Additional Streaming Login", then log out of your account online. 

Note - this is not the primary SiriusXM username/password. 

3. Remove Sirius XM app from all Rokus.  You are only permitted to stream on one device at a time.

4. Make sure SXM app is logged out on ALL streaming devices - including your pc, phone, etc.

5.  Restart Roku from system settings > re-install SXM app on a single Roku device

6.  Sign into SXM app on Roku using the new "Additional Streaming Login" username and password.

This worked for me - your mileage may vary.  🙂

0 Kudos