Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay1863

Signing into locked channels- Oops something went wrong

Whenever I sign in to the locked channels on my Roku tv using my direct tv account, I get the oops, something went wrong message even though I enter the code correctly and sign in successfully. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Oops something went wrong

@Jay1863

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more and re-authenticate the channel.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sheday1202

This happens to me every single time I turn the television off.  This is ridiculous and there is no fix.  This happens to me on every channel I try to view.  I turn on the television, navigate to DirectTV, select any channel and "Oops something went wrong".  There has to be some sort of fix for this.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @sheday1202

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, does the issue only occur when accessing DirectTV or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos