Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave138
Reel Rookie

Shudder channel giving “not available in your country” error …in Canada

Dunno what’s up… just get a “channel is not available in your country” error… I’m in Canada , dont get why the issue ..

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Shudder channel giving “not available in your country” error …in Canada

@Dave138-

Shudder says it is available in Canada: https://support.shudder.com/en/support/solutions/articles/11000073062-where-is-shudder-available-Dav...

Might you be connecting via VPN that masks your real location?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Dave138
Reel Rookie

Nope, no vpn,  works fine on the app on my phone ..

just for whatever reason the channel roku offers keeps giving the same error message , tried deleting and reinstalling, resetting etc.. no go for whatever reason, stumped .

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Dave138-

The other half of the issue is that the app creator, in this case Shudder, must configure the Roku-compatible version of the app they supply to Roku to run in the regions they wish it to run. Roku will only run the Roku app in the regions the channel itself has been configured to run. 

It is not uncommon for a channel to release use of its web-based service in numerous countries, yet fail to update the streaming apps they supply to one or more streaming platforms (like Roku, firestick, etc.) to allow their streaming apps to be used there. 

It also is not unusual for the channel's front line support people at these services to know only their own press releases and not understand that Roku is bound by the restrictions they themselves built into the app they supplied to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Dave138
Reel Rookie

. If it ain’t streaming SHUDDER, it’s not worth a silver bolo.
 3 B’s 4 Stars.

check it out.

0 Kudos