Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flagrant99
Channel Surfer

Showtime only works on one roku

Jump to solution

Signed up for showtime free trial. On that roku it works. Other rokus don't. It added showtime which asks for login email. I never gave an email. Showanitime asks for network provider. Why? If I sign up this through roku can't roku figure it out and make it work on my other rokus. In the roku channel it want me to start another trial/.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
flagrant99
Channel Surfer

Re: Showtime only works on one roku

Jump to solution

OK figured it out. Showtime.com. Start free trial again, click login, enter email. reset password. Change password from what I entered on roku to something else. Go back to other roku. Showtime, Not Showtime anytime. Login. Type in email through remote, new password. Now it works on second device. Will it keep working on first device? Who knows. 

Roku. Can you guys store passwords so I don't have to type this in over and  over on each roku? I have 6. I was also confused because I have multiple emails and when I started free trial on roku I had no idea which email you gave to them. 

Smoooooth.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
flagrant99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OK figured it out. Showtime.com. Start free trial again, click login, enter email. reset password. Change password from what I entered on roku to something else. Go back to other roku. Showtime, Not Showtime anytime. Login. Type in email through remote, new password. Now it works on second device. Will it keep working on first device? Who knows. 

Roku. Can you guys store passwords so I don't have to type this in over and  over on each roku? I have 6. I was also confused because I have multiple emails and when I started free trial on roku I had no idea which email you gave to them. 

Smoooooth.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Do you have a reason for having different emails on your Rokus?  Roku doesn't give them their email address, you should have when you set it up.  Please tell us you didn't call some phone number and pay for activation.  Your Roku account is tied to the email that displays under Settings->System->About.  Most people link all their devices to one Roku account.  Anything you purchase or subscribe to through Roku will be available on all devices linked to the same account and any channels added or removed from one device will be added/removed from all devices linked to the same account.  Subscriptions purchased directly through the provider (e.g., Showtime) will require logging in on each device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
flagrant99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't have different emails on my roku. I have different emails in real life. I just didn't memorize which email my roku was using. I had no idea I kind find it under Settings->System->About. I assumed since I signed up without entering an email on one roku the other roku would somehow be able to use said email when logging in other devices, kind of like web browsers can, but I was wrong. If roku knows my email why do I have to type it in over and over? Why can't it remember my passwords like chrome does? It's not the kind of device that requires different users. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There's a good reason Roku devices don't save their passwords in the "cloud", and it's called security. While it would be convenient to have that, it's also a huge potential security issue if it was hacked. As a company, Roku likely doesn't want that liability, and I can't blame them. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
flagrant99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I guess I get that. email however is stored in the cloud. Can Roku keep the knowledge of how I signed up in the cloud?

When I signed up to showtime it provided the email, without me knowing which email it provided.
Then Roku added Showtime any time (Which only work with Cable provider) and Showtime both of which have no idea which email I used to my other device.

So what I really think would be helpful is to store the knowledge of how I signed up.
If I signed up through Roku, auto fill in my Roku Email.
I guess the other device needed my email because it has no idea if I signed up through Roku.

I expected the password requirement.

0 Kudos
flagrant99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ignore what I just said. I guess someone could have two showtime accounts. Regardless I am all set. and now I know how to get to me email under system. 

Roku is on every tv in my house. It's still way better than everything else I have ever tried. 

So much so I don't by new tv's without it. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is not true. I got here because my living room roku has Showtime, but when I downloaded the app on my bedroom roku (same account) its asking me to start another free trial.

0 Kudos