Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsclarks
Channel Surfer

Shows not having all the seasons available

MY user account not giving me all the new season of shows so started a new account magically I have the new season and past seasons so what's wrong with my main user account 

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Shows not having all the seasons available

What channel/provider are you referring to? If you mean The Roku Channel, when Roku signs a contract to stream some content, the content owners don't always permit every season to be streamed, and sometimes not even every episode in a season. The content owners have total control of it, and Roku must abide by their agreement.

If it's a different provider, it's still likely the same issue, assuming the provider is not the content owner. When they are also the owner, then sometimes they decide they don't want everything to be available. Look at Disney over the years. They constantly make content available, then remove it from circulation for a while, before bringing it out again. They did that all through the VHS and DVD years. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jsclarks
Channel Surfer

Hulu .... But episode are not on my main acct only on the new user account this a Roku issue not Hulu 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jsclarks

Thank you for your inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on Hulu Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Hulu Plus and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Jsclarks wrote:

Hulu .... But episode are not on my main acct only on the new user account this a Roku issue not Hulu 

Sorry, but it is a Hulu issue. Roku does not create the channels for providers. Hulu provides the channel, and they are solely responsible for how it works. Anything within the channel itself is under the control of Hulu, not Roku. If it only happens on Roku devices, that simply means there's an issue with the Hulu channel, and Hulu has to fix it. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Jsclarks
Channel Surfer

Doesn't do with the Roku app on my smart tv..... Roku issue Hulu says it's a Roku issue not them

0 Kudos
atc98092

Ok, this is a completely different issue. The Roku channel on non-Roku devices is not the same as The Roku Channel on a Roku device. I don't know for certain, but I don't think you can subscribe to any content and access it in that way. I understood that TRC on non-Roku devices only provides what is available on the channel itself, and nothing can be added to it. Roku might be able to answer that for certain.

Dan

0 Kudos
Invidaelius
Channel Surfer

Did this ever get solved because im having the same issue. The roku tv is updated  the app has been uninstalled reinstalled, logged in logged off, customer service for hulu called only for them to try everything and determine that this is a roku issue. Ive checked with my wifi network, with hulu, with everyone. its the roku itself. The shows seasons show up on my phone which uses my data and my laptop which is using the wifi but not the roku tv

0 Kudos
Jsclarks
Channel Surfer

No they blame whatever channel your watching and not Roku ...  And for roku to say ask the community is BS they just want to blame the channel and not Roku and not all my Rokus do the same thing on the same channel so bs to blame the channel when clearly a Roku issue 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jsclarks @Invidaelius 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are reporting with missing content. We can understand how frustrating not being able to view our favorite seasons can be when it should be available and we will be more than happy to look further into the issue for you.

Can you please specify what channel you are trying to access and the specific content season/title? In addition, what are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing so we can better understand the issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos