Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dogsoap
Channel Surfer

Re: Severe color/contrast distortion while Plex-streaming HEVC+EAC3 videos.

I appreciate all of the suggestions but this seems like quite an undertaking and something we shouldn't be expected to do. I've switched my new Ultra for my 2018 Ultra until this gets resolved by either Roku or Plex. How frustrating!

GoPenguins
Streaming Star

It's not an undertaking at all.

When I buy a new movie, I rip it.  Run it through Recompressor (I use their default AUTO profile) and while it's squeezing it down, it adds the stereo track and a dd 5.1 and strip colour.  The auto profile is smart, if it's an HDR movie then it runs one profile and if not another. (that's configurable too)

Pretty much hit the button and walk away.  And I've recompressed my entire library to hvenc with b frames to save a lot of space and I have a very large collection. No visible loss to speak of.  

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

@GoPenguins 

Wow thanks but going to need a couple of idiot instructions on this... I have the program. I had to download Java (windows warned me but I'm gonna trust you) LOL.

anyway...here's where I'm confused... Say the movies are on an external Drive E in a movie folder... Just to test, I selected 4 MKV movies and dragged them in... selected the strip colour header.... from that point... what next? I clicked run probe and I don't think anything happened... I noticed the 4 movies all say "needs renaming"... Can you give me idiot instructions... thanks

0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

Can you look at the log, it should tell you where it put the movie.  I can't remember but I think strip overwrites the original.

By default it will put it in your movie folder.

Untitled2.png

The message needs renaming, means your file doesn't adhere to the Plex naming convention.  Locate your movie with a query to IMDB, get the correct title and that message will go away once you rename. If it finds your movie on IMBD it should tell you what the suggest file name is.

Untitled.png

If you ran probe, all that does is give you detailed info about the mkv and shows up in the details view.  You probably don't need that.

Untitled3.png

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

@GoPenguins 

Not sure why it means it's not adhering to plex naming convention because I use filebot...example: movie filder (name of movie - year) so it would be exactly like this. The Terminator (1984)... Same with TV shows....Example. Charmed/Season 1/ Name of episode would be: Charmed - S01E01 - Something Wicca This Way Comes.

I haven't changed anything. Here's the settings under general.

Under movie path in settings it shows $(homepath)\movie_rips\

What actually starts to process once you've dragged the movies into the program? This is where I'm confused.. Run query? Rescan? I don't know what any of those do

0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

So as far as tv goes, recompressor does not enforce folder structure...

Rename is for movies and it does enforce Plex format in a single folder....
Movie Name (year)-res.mkv

That's what it validates.

Rescan will rescan your defined directory as defined in settings.....  Run Query will run a query based on the data you provided for the video in question to IMDB

0 Kudos
McDan
Reel Rookie

For those that use MCEBuddy, here is a profile that will run the steps to remove the color from the resulting file.    This assumes you have the MKVTool tools installed in the default location.

So far this has worked fine.

[MKV Unprocessed -- Fix Roku]
Description=Very fast but limited functionality. Use this profile if you want to copy the original audio and video tracks, remove the commercials and convert the file format to MKV (e.g. WTV to MKV) without any additional processing (deinterlacing, resizing, volume, cropping etc). The original video can be in any format, MPEG1, MPEG2 or MPEG4/H.264, it will be retained unaltered.
order=ffmpeg,copy
copy-ext=.ts
copy-remuxto=.mkv
copy-audiodelay=skip
ffmpeg-general=-threads 0
ffmpeg-video=-ss 0 -vcodec copy -map 0:v -sn
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec ac3 -ab 160k -map 0:a
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec ac3 -ab 256k -map 0:a
ffmpeg-ext=.mkv
ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip
PreConversionCommercialRemover=true
FixedResolution=true
SkipCropping=true
AutoDeinterlace=false
DisableEncoderReordering=true
CustomCommandPath="C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe"
CustomCommandParameters=--edit track:v1 -d color-matrix-coefficients -d chroma-siting-horizontal -d chroma-siting-vertical -d color-transfer-characteristics -d color-range -d color-primaries "%convertedfile%"
CustomCommandHangPeriod=15
CustomCommandCritical=false
0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

So I noticed Recompressor has a new version and they changed the default profile for strip colour.   

https://www.ennetran.com/Download

and the overwrite actually works like it used to.

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

I can't figure recompressor out. 

Example... I drug 22 episodes from a season into recompressor... used the remove color profile...clicked execute profile and it says it's going to take 3 hours for a 42 min ep? No clue what I'm doing wrong... 

0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

Make sure you have version 290 of the recompressor and don't have keep original checked in the general settings, and check overwrite source on the main page,  if you do that you should be able to convert 20 plus files in seconds....  

0 Kudos