Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryantakesnaps
Reel Rookie

Re: I think I may have this mystery solved

Adding to this thread b/c I just got a Express 4k+ (3941X | v10.5.0) that is having the same issues as others in here (red hue/contrast). 

alphil
Reel Rookie

Anyone know what can be done to get some attention to this?  I know it a little bit of a niche issue but it is a really bad QOL issue. 

Seems like the solution is laid out here on a silver platter but we just need the right person to see it. 

DA123
Reel Rookie

Add me to the list of folks impacted by this.   Very unfortunate, and I am looking forward to resolution.

jbe44
Channel Surfer

I'm not even sure you can call it a niche issue. It's a flaw with one of the most popular video compression standards out there. Sure, there's a workaround, but it's only a matter of time before a major platform switches to HEVC.

nb139o
Channel Surfer

Also experiencing the issue on the latest roku streaming stick…

0 Kudos
nb139o
Channel Surfer

Question … why would this issue be on my 2021 roku but not on my 2019 roku? Both streaming sticks

0 Kudos
CJLDAD
Binge Watcher

@nb139o wrote:

Question … why would this issue be on my 2021 roku but not on my 2019 roku? Both streaming sticks

HDR/DV maybe... 

0 Kudos
ftballpack
Streaming Star

The newer Roku devices support 12-bit video, aka, Dolby Vision. My 2019 Roku Ultra is only 10-bit aka HDR. This whole issue started when Roku introduced 12-bit/Dolby Vision video support.

0 Kudos
nb139o
Channel Surfer

That makes perfect sense... the 2019 stick only has HDR and not dolby vision. I do have my stick sent to 4k only as I don't like Dolby vision/HDR yet I still get this problem.

0 Kudos
jbe44
Channel Surfer

This issue appears to be resolved after the latest update on my Roku Express 4K. Anyone else not seeing a problem any more?

0 Kudos