Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brad0
Reel Rookie

Service provider authentication issue

I'm relatively new to to Roku so I apologize if my question is confusing or has been covered previously.

I am having trouble accessing channels that are part of my U-verse 300 package. Multiple channels (TNT, TBS, USA, Freeform, Syfy to name a few but really every one I've tried thus far) are giving an error message stating they aren't part of my subscription when in fact they are.

I've attempted the remove/reboot/re-add solution several times to no avail. I was wondering what the next step should be.

Freeform customer service suggested contacting the provider and having them remove and re-add the channel to my package but I'm not sure exactly what department to contact or how to ask. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Service provider authentication issue

Try contacting AT&T/Uverse and see what they have to say.  Usually these channels have you choose your provider from a list and redirect you to the provider's (Uverse) web page to log in and authenticate.  Having dumped cable long ago it's been a while since I went through the process, so perhaps it's changed?  Roku also has this "single sign-in" thing that I've never seen in operation, so that may also have something to do with it.  You say you're new to Roku, so it probably doesn't apply, but did you ever have another provider that you used to authenticate your Roku channels?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Brad0
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response.

I've had U-verse going on a decade and this is my first Roku TV.

I selected U-verse as my provider after entering the code on the activation webpage. I too was expecting a separate log-in page but it appears to do that automatically. On one channel, Syfy I think, it briefly flashed "logged in" with the email associated with my U-verse account. I'm not 100% positive about the others though. 

I've also tried unlinking the provider and signing in again but had no luck.

I'm fairly sure the issue is on Att's end but was curious if perhaps I was missing an obvious fix.

I was also unsure exactly who at Att to call or what I should ask them to do. I thought perhaps someone had a similar issue and could provide some guidance on how to proceed. 

0 Kudos
Hannah-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Brad0! We wanted to check in and see if you're still having issues with U-verse. As @renojim said, we do recommend reaching out to the channel partner directly, as channels on Roku are managed by the channel partner themselves. We also found a source of contact for them: https://www.att.com/support/topic/u-verse-tv/. If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know, we're here for you! 

0 Kudos

When I go to the History Channel it puts up a sign to re-authenticate my account.  How do I do that?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sourdough64

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify your inquiry? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? In addition, can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on screen so we can better understand the issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos