Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pairski
Reel Rookie

Separate Channel Activations for each Roku?

Jump to solution

Do I have to activate every channel on each Roku box or does activating on one box activate all the others? Same question for the organization of channels on each Roku box home screen? I have 12 devices and that would be extremely time consuming.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Separate Channel Activations for each Roku?

Jump to solution

If you subscribe through Roku (not recommended for any number of reasons) all your subscriptions will automatically be available on every Roku device linked to the same Roku account.  If you have a subscription directly with the provide and the provider is part of "single sign-on" then you won't have to sign-on on every device, but I have no idea what providers participate in it or whether it really works.  In general, if you have a subscription directly with a provider you'll have to authenticate on every device the first time you start the channel/app.

The second question is easy.  Each device maintains its own order of channels.  There's no way to copy the order from one device to another.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Separate Channel Activations for each Roku?

Jump to solution

If you subscribe through Roku (not recommended for any number of reasons) all your subscriptions will automatically be available on every Roku device linked to the same Roku account.  If you have a subscription directly with the provide and the provider is part of "single sign-on" then you won't have to sign-on on every device, but I have no idea what providers participate in it or whether it really works.  In general, if you have a subscription directly with a provider you'll have to authenticate on every device the first time you start the channel/app.

The second question is easy.  Each device maintains its own order of channels.  There's no way to copy the order from one device to another.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.