Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orangeupurple
Reel Rookie

Season 4 of The Practice has no sound on any of the videos.

I checked other channels on my TCL device and all have sound. I checked the seasons before and after season 4 and all have sound. So, again, The Practice, Season 4 has no sound when the videos are played.

10 REPLIES 10
Smokie1
Reel Rookie

Re: Season 4 of The Practice has no sound on any of the videos.

Yes me too. But I tested a few other seasons PAST  season 4 and it is also doing that.

Specific episode problem on roku channel "the practice" no audio starting with season 4 episode 1. and after

I just finished season 3 and it was fine , went back and check season 3 again an it was ok. 

how do we contact ROKU about this ? do they read these and then fix problem? what do we do now ?

Smokie

0 Kudos
Orangeupurple
Reel Rookie

Well, I did find The Practice on Hulu and the sound works there. So, I can continue my binge. I wish there was a way to contact customer service here on Roku. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

The online Roku Channel showing of "The Practice" is playing audio so can cast it to your TV or through the official Roku Remote mobile app as a workaround. (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watch/274ddcceb9ff55d39401af7b0a153d1f)

The audio/sound is also working for Season 4 of the Practice on my Roku Ultra 4660.

The Audio is not however working on my Insignia RokuTV.

This issue has occured intermittently/sporadically with some shows on the Roku Channel in the past.  Sometimes changing the Audio Settings (Settings/Audio/Audio Mode and Settings/Streaming Audio Format) and toggling between the various options will correct it.  Other times, while the episode/show is playing, pressing the *button on your Roku Remote and selecting Off, rather than Leveling or Night (and sometimes vice-versa) will correct issue.

In this case, all the audio settings worked on my Ultra and no setting was able to lose the Audio.  Perhaps post the device model numbers (Settings/System/About) you were trying to watch on and any Audio Settings you were currently configured with to help Roku address the issue.

-----

Paging @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F to make them aware of issue and forward to the appropriate team.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Smokie1
Reel Rookie

AvsGunnar,

thanks for ideas  , I tried those to no avail .

so i left settings at 

Sound Mode @"Speach"

Volume Level  @ "Leveling"

the TV is : TCL ROKU TV 7140x model  # 43s421

software ver 11.01  build 4193-30

I wish there was a way to contact customer service at  Roku. by phone ..is there a tech support phone # ?

please pass this on to Tech support , so they can fix it....

we really like watching the " Practice" but we can not now..

more ideas please 

Smokie1

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Smokie1 

Other than the casting or using the mobile app workaround, if you have a laptop with a HDMI port, you can also stream from the online Roku Channel to a web browser on the laptop and run HDMI cable from laptop to your RokuTV. (basically using your RokuTV as an extended monitor).

This issue certainly seems to be affecting RokuTVs as verified that I am receiving the audio on all my streaming players.  Since the Roku mods have been tagged, they will respond to this thread and forward to Support.

I think the above are all your possible workarounds short of getting a Roku Streaming player and connecting it to your RokuTV, until this issue gets resolved.  Hopefully it will be a quick fix.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Smokie1
Reel Rookie

UPDATE 6PM 5/15/22

Audio now appears to be working on all seasons EXCEPT Season 4 ? No audio season 4....TV info and model #  listed in other post. I find it hard to believe its the ROKU TCL TV if only Season 4 is the problem. Seems like a ROKU Streaming technical problem with that season. 

I tested these seasons and episode's and found out the following :

NO AUDIO

Season 4  Episode  1,2,3,4,,7, 11, 22 and a assume the rest in-between 

AUDIO ON

Season 5 Episodes 1, 17 ,22 -- and a assume the rest in-between 

Season 6 Episodes  1, 23 , and a assume the rest in-between 

Season 7  Episodes 13, 22 and a assume the rest in-between 

Season 8 Episodes 1, 19 and a assume the rest in-between 

Smokie1

Orangeupurple
Reel Rookie

Thank you, Smokie1, for doing all that checking. Yes, my Roku TCL TV is fine with everything else. If you have HULU, The Practice has sound for the fourth season there. I've been watching. I fully believe it is NOT a device problem. It is a Roku problem. Somebody dropped the ball, there.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Smokie1
Reel Rookie

regarding the practice season 4 THANK YOU VERY MUCH..... as of yesterday 5/20/22 and today 5/21/22 it is WORKING NOW ! 

your people must of got the message and found the fix !  Thank for the help and fast responses and thanks to ROKU techs that fixed this !!! 

we are back to watching "The Practice" season 4 

Smokie1