Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BettinaBoope
Channel Surfer

Searching for Jays, Leafs, Senators games

I'm looking to add sports channels subscriptions, but I can't find a crucial bit of information about them. Does the MLB channel include the Blue Jays games? And: does the NHL channel include the Leafs and Senators games? Those are the only three teams I care about. Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Searching for Jays, Leafs, Senators games

Hello @BettinaBoope

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting MLB.tv channel directly for more information and assistance.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
BettinaBoope
Channel Surfer

I did try to reach MLB.tv but they only accept contacts from within the USA. They do not accept any contact from Canada.

So, I'm asking the community at large: how can I get Blue Jays ballgames through my Roku account? Even the Jays' own website doesn't offer any information about this question.

0 Kudos
BettinaBoope
Channel Surfer

I just received a personal email from MLB.tv stating that Jays games are blacked out in all of Canada on their channel. Only Sportsnet can show their games up here. *sigh* ... which means I have to go with Rogers or never see my team again! ugh...

0 Kudos
Judy8
Reel Rookie

It does show a box indicating SportNet.  I clicked on it but still  the Bkus Hats are blacked out.  How is it Rogers can show the games on SportNet  but MLB doesn't?  

Perhaps ROKU  can expand to a station or channel to provide Bkue Jay games and more Canadian sport teams.

0 Kudos
Judy8
Reel Rookie

Corrections sorry, referring  to Toronto Blue Jays .

0 Kudos
BettinaBoope
Channel Surfer

Hi Judy -- Thanks for your posting. I ended up subscribing to Rogers' SportsNet Lite, about $15/m, just to get the Jays. Problem now is that whenever there is a scheduling conflict such as an NHL game, the NHL gets all the SportsNet channels in the package on my TV -- no Jays at all -- I can only get the Jays game on my phone app version of SportsNet Lite. Leaves me quite disgruntled but apparently no other affordable options are available.

0 Kudos