Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeniseNTexas
Reel Rookie

Searched & contacted support but still need help

Jump to solution

This is long so bear with me! My mother passed away in January. After her death I moved. My personal television (on which I used my roku account) is in storage and I’m currently using my mother’s ONN Roku television (which was set up with her roku account before her death). Somehow the television got unplugged and when it was plugged back in apparently it had been signed out of her account and was requesting a sign in so I signed into my Roku account because I don’t have access to my mother’s account.

All of the apps and channels and such were gone so I tried to add one. Every time I tried I got a message that the channel installation failed because there isn’t enough space. I’m not sure why it’s saying that because there’s nothing loaded on this television since it got unplugged. 

I contacted Tech Support on August 6, returned to them the replies to all the questions they sent me via email about this issue and waited. I’ve since had several chats with the support people and every time I’m told that Tech Support is working on it and someone will be with me about it soon. After the latest chat tonight, during which I was told Support still doesn’t know how to fix the problem, I’m ready to give up and buy another TV but is that necessary? Even if I did that, wouldn’t I still have this problem because I would have to sign in using my account information? Is there a way I can get her Roku account information? If I did that, could I possibly sign in using that account?

I’ve googled until my eyes are about to fall out. My gut tells me this problem is caused by something to do with the other TV, the one in storage. That probably makes no sense and I may be way out to lunch but I can’t think of any other reason this would be happening. Why on earth would this TV, with nothing loaded on it, be telling me there’s no space to install anything? Why would it give me a message that I need to try deleting something when there’s nothing to delete?

Yes, I’m a little frustrated. If any of you have ideas on how to handle this, I would love to know them. I don’t know that a factory reset would do anything because I’d still need to login with my account and will probably end up with the same issue. 

Ideas? Suggestions? Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Searched & contacted support but still need help

Jump to solution

@DeniseNTexas 

Can't help you with your mother's account info as that would need to be addressed by Roku. (continue with that email process since you have a contact with them already regarding that end.  You will want that account closed and subscriptions cancelled so any billing will stop.)

-----

However, I think you are left with the only option of Factory Resetting the TV and seeing what happens.  During the activation, just set it up to the same email account as your other Roku account so everything is linked.  

Not sure of any way to sign-in or out on a RokuTV regarding Roku accounts so maybe it somehow got into Guest Mode.

Prior to the Factory Reset, try performing a System Update followed by a System Restart.

Settings/System/System Update and then Settings/System/Power/System Restart.  (this is probably only option available as a remedy short of the Factory Reset).

----

If the Factory Reset doesn't resolve issue, then I would try the USB update method. (https://support.roku.com/article/212361468)

----

There have been some issues with Onn RokuTVs, so could be something internal going on with the flash memory as well, which you may need to be prepared for if all the above fails to resolve issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DeniseNTexas 

Can't help you with your mother's account info as that would need to be addressed by Roku. (continue with that email process since you have a contact with them already regarding that end.  You will want that account closed and subscriptions cancelled so any billing will stop.)

-----

However, I think you are left with the only option of Factory Resetting the TV and seeing what happens.  During the activation, just set it up to the same email account as your other Roku account so everything is linked.  

Not sure of any way to sign-in or out on a RokuTV regarding Roku accounts so maybe it somehow got into Guest Mode.

Prior to the Factory Reset, try performing a System Update followed by a System Restart.

Settings/System/System Update and then Settings/System/Power/System Restart.  (this is probably only option available as a remedy short of the Factory Reset).

----

If the Factory Reset doesn't resolve issue, then I would try the USB update method. (https://support.roku.com/article/212361468)

----

There have been some issues with Onn RokuTVs, so could be something internal going on with the flash memory as well, which you may need to be prepared for if all the above fails to resolve issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DeniseNTexas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did the factory reset and that worked. Thank you so much! I’m impressed that you had a solution and Tech Support hasn’t had one for almost a month. Thanks again!