Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Screambox channel no longer available?

Jump to solution

Tonight when I ran a manual update, I noticed that the Screambox channel received an update. When I started the channel, I received the message, "This channel is no longer available."

To reproduce this, run an update on a Roku with Screambox installed, then start the channel afterwards.

Alternatively, you can search for Screambox in the Roku channel guide and you will see that you cannot find it.

I have an active subscription for the Screambox channel. I pay yearly. So I guess I lost the money for that then, if this is indeed official?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Re: Screambox channel no longer available?

Jump to solution

Fixed via update.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Psilobite 

I thought Screambox left Roku awhile ago.  I did notice that it still provides a link to Roku on their website though.  However, no Screambox channel in the Roku Channel Store.

About the only thing working on their website was the LiveTV which I was able to cast to my Roku device. (used Web Video Caster).  Nothing was listed under Movies, Shows, Genres---just LiveTV. (Just an FYI, the live TV channels available can be found via the Roku Channel, like Bloody Disgusting, ShoutTV, etc).  Unfortunately, looks like Screambox may be no more.

https://www.screambox.com  and https://www.screambox.com/livetv

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Screambox website works fine on my end. Listings appear. I can log in an play something.

The other brand is ConTV, and that channel is still listed, and still works.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Psilobite 

Yes, everything loaded for me today on the Screambox website.  It was an issue on my end preventing me from seeing the available titles.  Thanks for verifying that it was working for you.

May need to contact Screambox at their Support page https://support.screambox.com/hc/en-us in order to find out the status of their Roku channel/app.  They may simply have to update it for the newer 11.5 OS. (many channels/apps had to migrate from deprecated/old coding in order to continue working on the Roku OS.)

Looks like they previously supported most Roku devices using OS 6.2 and up so I would tend to think their channel/app became outdated and was either removed by themselves or Roku because no longer compatible with 11.5.  https://support.screambox.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407604099995-Roku-Device-Compatibility-with-Screamb...

Until resolved, you can certainly continue to cast it from their website to your Roku device, or alternatively, play it on a laptop and attach HDMI cable directly to your TV (bypass Roku).  Both these methods will at least allow you to use your subscription until you hear back from Screambox and watch on your TV.

Feel free to post an update if you learn anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

From Screambox support:

We have escalated your concern to our Engineering team, and we found out that Roku pulled the app from the store because of a misinterpreted takedown notice.

We are trying to figure out how quickly they can reinstate the app - or if we need to republish it.

As such, it may be up to 24 hours before the app is back in the store.

Thank you very much for your patience. Feel free to email us if you have any questions or concerns.

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Fixed via update.

Oldvarmint

Jump to solution

Just got done speaking with a Roku representative in their chat page,  Their refunding my money.   I also paid for a yearly subscription.   The representative was very helpful on the matter.   Try that.   

0 Kudos