Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rookie Blue Missing or Gone?

I’ve been watching Rookie Blue and now it doesn’t show up on the roku channel. Is it coming back?

4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rookie Blue Missing or Gone?

@DERPahpotamus 

As you're new to streaming, you'll find out that many series, movies, and content are carried by various services for defined periods of time. The owners of the content often do not have streaming services. The owners and distributors of Rookie Blue don't have a streaming service, and enter agreements with those services, including Roku Channel, to carry content. When those agreements expire, the content can no loner be carried. Whether or not Roku and eOne (the distributor of Rookie Blue) come to an agreement in the future is unknown. Perhaps Roku didn't feel there was enough viewership. Perhaps eOne thought they could get a better deal elsewhere. Perhaps something else altogether happened. We don't know, and it's likely we won't. There are way too many TV series in existence for each to be addresses.

It'll show up again on the Roku Channel, or another streaming service, in the future. It may be on another service already. You'll discover that it's common for movies and TV shows to appear on multiple ad-supported services at the same time, or even disappear for extended periods of time.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
aelmom13
Reel Rookie

I have been watching it too and REALLY INTO IT.  I didn't see any courtesy alert that it was leaving like other streaming services (which bums me out). I hope to find it someplace else soon (FOR FREE) 

0 Kudos
Candlekathy
Reel Rookie

I agree.  I didn't see a notice it was going away either.  I had just really gotten hooked also.  

0 Kudos
aelmom13
Reel Rookie

So, shortly after posting this in April. RB came back.  A week or so ago there was a courtesy banner added that RB leaving soon.  So I bombed the heck out of it but fell asleep before the last two episodes of ther final season.  I figured on the 29th of the month (today) it works still be there to finish up.  IT'S NOT!! IT'S GONE! SO bummed out,  only 2 dang episodes to go too. Soooo frustrating. Next time say WHEN leaving soon actually is PLEASE!! 

0 Kudos