Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yolman
Reel Rookie

Roku wont let me enter HBOMAX

for more than a week i cant use hbo max. the apps open the logo shows then the screen goes to black. i cant log in. this problem is only in my roku device, i can use hbo max normally in my laptop or phone. ive tried every hack ive seen on the web. please help me

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku wont let me enter HBOMAX

Hi @yolman 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on HBO Max or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
yolman
Reel Rookie

its only hbomax. netflix , disney, pluto tv and youtube run fine. i've already tried installing and unisntalling the app. it doesnt work 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@yolman-

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart* your Roku to clear its memory cache before reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System. If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

*On a Roku TV with "Fast Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos