Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Re: Roku won't accept Sling password

Jump to solution

I don't have another email address, so even when I select, "Use a different email" I still reenter that same email address since I have only one that I use for both my Roku and Sling accounts.  Please clarify what I should enter to add Sling to my Roku device.  I've entered my one and only email address which is jmm02@bellsouth.net and entered the password for my Sling account which is rejected.  I've changed the Sling password several times and Roku still won't accept it. It works when I login to my Sling account at sling.com, but Roku won't accept it, so it's not a Sling problem. Please advise what to do. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@olemiss74-

Are you able to log into your Sling account directly at http://sling.com/account using that same email address and password?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes.  My Sling password works fine to log me into Sling, but Roku rejects it when I try to add Sling to my Roku device.  Please advise how to resolve. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @olemiss74

Appreciate your contact.

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Sling TV support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You can reach them here: https://www.sling.com/help/en

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@olemiss74-

And you are absolutely positive you are entering your SLING password when trying to add the SLING channel app and not your ROKU password?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Absolutely!  I am entering my SLING password!!!!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@olemiss74-

Then I'm completely stumped.  I've never had a similar problem when authenticating a channel.

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

According to https://www.sling.com/help/en, here are the Sling instructions which do not work because the Roku device rejects my Sling password.  My Sling password works to log me into my Sling.com account, but not to add the Sling channel to Roku.  There is no Sling support beyond the instructions below which do not work.  There is no phone/voice/individual support.  So, it is impossible to add the Sling channel to my Roku device.  Please advise. 

To download the Sling TV app to your Roku, follow the steps below:

• Locate Search on the left side of your screen
  • Type Sling TV in the search bar to locate the app
  • Once it appears, select Sling TV to continue
  • Select Add channel.  Your Roku device will begin automatically installing the app
  • Once the installation is complete, return to your Roku home screen, then select the Sling TV app to start watching
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@olemiss74-

I just remembered an old thread where someone was having a problem logging into a channel that eventually got traced to the browser he was using to log in kept sending an erroneous data stored in the browser cache instead of what he was typing in.  You can try clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser.

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm not using a browser, I'm using Roku via the streaming stick device.  I'm entering my password on my tv screen in the Roku program.  So, how could a browser be involved?

0 Kudos