Thanks for the post.
Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you having an issue running the HBO Max channel itself or a title within the channel?
Have you already tried removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, and adding the channel back again? Have you tried checking for a channel update (selecting the channel and pressing the * button and then checking for updates)?
With more detail information we will be able to assist you further.
Hi, Danny. The issue I'm experiencing is that after entering HBO Max via my Roku ONN soundbar, when I select ANY AND EVERY show or movie, I get the same error message: "Can’t play title. We’re having trouble playing this video. Please try again later.” I’ve already tried removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, and adding the channel back again—multiple times with no luck. And I’ve also tried checking for a channel update, only to discover that my channel is indeed completely updated. (Incidentally, HBO plays perfectly for me on ALL my other devices (iPhone, Kindle, laptop, and desktop.)
I have tired everything that has been recommended. I have updated, cancelled subscription, removed app then added it back, I have restarted modem rebooted gateway, updated again, restarted etc. It is not only happened with HBO but with Hulu as well. The only way to watch the apps is to go directly through the TV and disconnect the Roku Bar. I tried everything again last night, but still no luck. I want to throw the Roku Sound Bar. It has been the worst.
I am having the same problem. I've spent over 2 hours on the phone with HBO support over the last week trying to sort this out and they have yet tp provide a solution. Based on the other posts I have read related to this, it appears to be a Roku Soundbar (9100X - onn) problem, as this app works fine on other Roku devices. Would really appreciate any information you can provide on how and when this will be fixed.
Seems several of us with a Roku sound bar are still not able to use the HBO MAX app due to the "Can't Play Title" error. We have been getting this error for over a week now. This app is working on all of other other devices. I should have stuck with the Amazon Fire devices I've used for years. This is the 2nd time my Roku sound bar has had problems with the HBO app.
I have the exact same problem for a week or more now. Here are the things I’ve tried with no success yet:
1. Restart Soundbar
2. Check for software update.
3. unplug Soundbar and plug back in.
4. cancel HBO subscription. You have to do this in order to be able to delete the HBOMAX app from the soundbar.
5. delete HBOMAX app.
6. unplug and restart Soundbar again.
7. re-install HBO app.
8. I even tried playing some free episodes on HBO with no subscription. Still doesn’t work, so I know this has nothing to do with my subscription.
9. contact firstname.lastname@example.org. They answered once, but have not replied to me for over 5 days after I answered their questions.
10. contact Roku support chat - their agent named Kevin had me run through all the steps above, then he ended our chat session saying I had been idle for several minutes. Yet he knew he had asked me to do multiple things like delete app, unplug and restart, so of course I was idle for a few minutes. He basically ran away and hid.
Roku and HBO should be talking to each other rather than making all of us customers waste hours and hours performing the same useless steps.
I submitted a report to HBO Max at https://help.hbomax.com. They did respond promptly with a request for my device info, which I sent. I think that if we all do the same thing, it will provide more visibility to this issue which seems to only affect the ONN soundbar. I guess that's what we get for buying generic! Everyone please submit reports so that we can hopefully get it fixed soon!