Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku says movie is free when it isnt

@Pitbullmama6 wrote:

Guessing it must be an error with my Roku.  The odd thing is this happens on all my Rokus.  

I just checked and got exactly the same results as you did.  So nothing to do with your devices.

Pitbullmama6
Binge Watcher

Interesting..good to know that it's not just me:)

0 Kudos
NoraM

I am having the same problem. Currently it is happening with the movies Top Gun Maverick and Nope.

Pitbullmama6
Binge Watcher

Me too. It's been going on for months. The only thing I can figure is that however Roku receives it's program information isn't always accurate/up to date. On a few movies Ive noticed it may say it's free with subscription on whatever service and when I click on it it costs money; but then a few days later it shows up free. Super frustrating as it defeats the purpose to add movies to your feed if the information isn't accurate.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NoraM @Pitbullmama6

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What content are you trying to watch that is stated to be free, and through which channel does it state that you can watch the title free of charge? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue so we can better understand what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pitbullmama6
Binge Watcher

Thanks Danny! Yes, so on the Roku I searched both The Lost Boys and Passenger 57.  When the search results come up they say free with your Paramount+ subscription(first pic) so I click on it to go to paramount plus and type in the same movies and it says no results found(2nd pic). The exact same thing happens with Passenger 57Roku search for the lost boysRoku search for the lost boys

Paramount+ searchParamount+ search

0 Kudos