Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hbalter
Reel Rookie

Roku originals don't play

I am unable to view Roku originals. For example, I go to Doll Parts,choose "Play S1 S1"; screen guess black for a second and then I end up back where I was. Same with The Fugitive. I have tried restarting device. Very frustrated. #rokuexpress

9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable

Re: Roku originals don't play

I’m having the same problems. We’re you able to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
Hbalter
Reel Rookie

Nope. I have given up as no one seems to care.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hbalter @beachesngolf

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? How are you selecting the content?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
klrkt
Binge Watcher

Can someone in ROKU please address this problem?

I am in CANADA have

NO PROBLEM viewing content in "Roku Originals" on my Windows 10 Desktop e.g. Reno911 episodes

I CAN ALSO play Filmrise content in "Roku Originals"

BUT I CANNOT play content in "Roku Originals" on my Roku TV or my Roku Premiere device

NOTE: AFTER playing a small part of RENO911 - my Roku TV and Device

show OPTION to "RESUME" play - but onclick the screen refreshes, nothing plays, and the OPTION is gone

I have sent a help request via my Roku Account - but no help yet...

Can someone in ROKU please address this problem?

0 Kudos
klrkt
Binge Watcher

unfortunate....

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@klrkt 

Let's tag @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F and see if they can help with your account.

You'll probably want to gather the model numbers off each device. Settings > System > About

They may also need the serial numbers and maybe even Device ID, depending on what they find. Just have that information when they ask for it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@klrkt

Thanks for the posts.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
klrkt
Binge Watcher

Thank you for your efforts. 

Unfortunately I am not clear on what you are saying.

you wrote: If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region 

I am in Canada, have always been in Canada - this is  www.whatismyip.com confirms.

The  the channel provider is ROKU - which states that "Roku original" content is available in Canada.

On that basis, I do not see what action I can do. 

Also I have no problem playing content in my browser - although I had to "enable DRM".

Obviously it is in Roku's and in my interest to stream using my Roku TV and Roku streaming device.

Can you suggest anything else?

Can someone in tech support not check your server logs and trace and identify these issues?

Thank you again for trying to help.

Andy

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@klrkt

Thanks for the follow up.

As suggested in my previous post, we would recommend creating a new Roku account, as it would appear that your Roku account is currently linked to a region in which you are currently not residing in. 

After creating a new Roku account for your region, please keep us posted of what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos