Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bjackson77
Reel Rookie

Roku no longer allowing viewing to Disneyplus?

I used to get Disney on my Roku. I switched to the Disney plus and Roku doesn't support or allow viewing of Disney now. Do I need to buy a non-Roku tv?

upports

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku no longer allowing viewing to Disneyplus?

Hi @Bjackson77

Thanks for your inquiry here in Roku Community. 

We're more than happy to look into this for you. May we ask what Disney Plus subscription plan you have? Do you receive an error message or code? Please be advised that Disney plus remains available on Roku, however, Disney plus Basic is not currently supported. We will let customers know if it becomes available in the future.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter, as we continue to work to deliver better a streaming experience for our customers.

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bjackson77
Reel Rookie

I used to have Disney+ basic, which I could watch. I switched to Disney +basic bundle. I can still watch Hulu, but not Disney + basic and I cannot find ESPN+, on Roku. Why does Roku not support them? In order, to watch them I need a new non-Roku tv. I currently get Parammount+ with Showtime through Roku. I will need to switch to Amazon as my provider, or go through the channel directly. I have periodically subscribed other channels through Roku which I will no longer do. Roku not supporting the basic bundle should have been in the open prior to my signing up for the basic package. Is Roku saying I would need to pay an extra $10, a month to Disney in order to watch the bundle on my Roku? Plus, not he able to watch ESPN+ since Roku does not have the channel to add? What is the reason behind this?

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

You need to look for ESPN. Within ESPN is where you sign into ESPN+.

0 Kudos